What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Hamata

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I have a question about what this plant looks like. Not the lower or upper pitchers, the actual plant. I did a search on google and all I can find is pictures of the pitchers.
I like neps that have compact growth. (not much stem between the leaves). So what does N. hamata look like?
If you own 1 and have pictures of it please post links to the pictures.
Thanks

Hi there. N. hamata is an epiphytic climber with 10-12 cm (4-5 inches) internodal distance between leaves on the climbing stem. My plants are a bit overgrown but I've outlined the two climbing N. hamata vines. coming from the same stem.
hamataoutline.jpg

I got this plant in June 2002 about 10 cm in diameter. It's now 36 cm diameter (leaves only, not including tendrils/pitchers which makes it about 45 cm) with one 75 cm vine and one 35 cm vine.

Hope that helps!

As Swords points out they are very vigorous vining plants when they start to vine. Until that point they are very compact ..

Tony

Back