What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. klossii

Hi,

I just visited the JCPS website. In it are some pixs taken at malesiana tropicals. There is a picture of a healthy N. klossii. I just wonder when this plant will be available. Hope MT can answer this.

http://jcps.hp.infoseek.co.jp/farm3.jpg

Choong

Hi all

The lid of Klossii resembles that of Izumiae. I wonder if a hybrid between aristolochioides AND Izumiae may create a Klosii look alike?

Gus

Should be available soon. I know MT does have N. edwardsiana in their collection as well.

Dustin,

Do they? I thought the last batch ended up as N. edwardsiana x burbidgae. They certain have the misfortune of getting a lot of accidental hybrid seed(clipeata= clipeata x rafflesiana, giant red bical=gracilis x gnt red bical).

Regards,

Joe

There was a picture taken during the same tour the N. klossii was photographed of what appeared to be a young N. edwardsiana.  Although it's not positively identified and it could be a young N. macrophylla.
N. edwardsiana/macrophylla

The hybrid your referring to Joe popped up in a collection of N. burbidgeae seed not N. edwardsiana seed.  This is a documented natural hybrid.

Tony

Tony,

Thanks. My bad.
tounge.gif

Joe

Hi all:

Some sources have told me that the photo on Tony's last message is from a N. edwardsiana collected in the wild. So they have no viable seed. Other sources have told me that the edwardsiana seed never germinates in T.C. I wonder if it will ever be commercially available. I do believe however, if anybody has N. edwardsiana will not have it commercially available in the near future.

Gus

Back