What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 inch N. rajah pitcher

Yup, I need to change them lights! Mines 60 cm in diameter but with only 10cm pitchers!
sad.gif

that is most impressive! You take great photos, I was simply amazed at the plants in your cp/nep gallery.

WOW , Jeremiah you've outdone yourself this time
wow.gif

Jeremiah, I have been told by some growers that N. rajah grows best if the nightly temperature falls below 55 degrees. The cold night triggers pitcher growth, and plant growth, along with being gluttonous pigs. This information should be looked into I think. I no longer grow neps. I have no more room for that purpose.

Yeah I totally agree. I grow it in a freezer where in get about 45 to 50 at night.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Yes Bugweed, typically all highland Nepentehs do best with nights of 60-45 I personally grow all my highlanders in a range fo 55-45 at night depending upon how cold the outdoor temperature is.

Thats a really beautiful photo and plant Jeremiah. You have quite the hand with CPs.
smile.gif

I would love to have a rajah but don't have the right conditions yet. One day I hope.
smile.gif

Good growing!

thanks

By the way I might have a few cutting of the clone pictured for trade later this summer.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ Mar. 24 2004,5:43)]thanks

By the way I might have a few cutting of the clone pictured for trade later this summer.  

thanks
-Jeremiah-
How are you going to do that unless the rajah makes a vine? (which is very unlikely)
Is it possible?

Spec, Jeremiah mentioned that he's getting basal shoots....I think that's what he's cutting.
smile.gif

yeah schloaty is right I took two basal shoot cuttings last week so if they root then I might have them for trade.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

BTW One of the cutting is about 7 inches

I have enjoyed your site immensely, Jeremiah. You have a good touch with the Neps. I enjoyed the visit to Pete's place (I owe him a visit) and Dean is a friend as well. I enjoyed "the walk" through his place too. Have many plants coming from Dean this year, and I am giving him a number of mine. Wish I wasn't so busy, but flowers need a lot of my attention. So far, 84 sarracenia blooms, and more coming!

Bugweed
Glade you liked. The photos are terribly outdated I have been so busy getting ready for the show I have spent most my free time preparing for the show and not updating my site. After the show I will hopefully have more time to work on the site.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Back