What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 inch N. rajah pitcher

Tell me how you like it. It is just at 6 inches from tendril to bottom of the lid.

N_rajah.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Spec, you're truely a poet.
wink.gif

It looks great! The lighting and background are excellent, and of course the subject looks very well grown.
smile.gif

Pat

Nice!!!

My biggest Rajah pitcher is just 1/2". I can hardly wait the ten years for mine to get that big.
laugh.gif

Glenn

Wonderful coloration. Thanks for sharing.

ten years na try a year and a half I got this plant on 9-19-2002 and it was about 3 1/2 inches with 3/4 inch pitchers.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah, Nice choice in backdrop for contrast. Nice plant too. Mine (which I believe was yours once) has taken off quite well since I moved the A/C to blow across the top of the table. About time too, I was beginning to think the thing was made of plastic.

Joe

Is this grown in your freezer chamber?

Regards,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]About time too, I was beginning to think the thing was made of plastic.
ROFL! I know that feeling (not with a rajah, though, unfortunately). I love that description!

Jeremiah, that nep is really great!
smile.gif
Photo's not bad, either.
wink.gif

Very nice! How big is the plant itself in diameter? ... Man I need to replace my lighting...!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Mar. 21 2004,19:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]About time too, I was beginning to think the thing was made of plastic.
ROFL!  I know that feeling (not with a rajah, though, unfortunately).  I love that description!

Jeremiah, that nep is really great!  
smile.gif
 Photo's not bad, either.  
wink.gif
theres only one way to tell...
*PINCH!*
wow.gif

Hello

glade you all like it

joseph
Good to hear the rajah is doing well. Just to let you know your rajah is not the same at the one in the photo yours is from Tony who got it from Borneo Exotics the one in the photo I got from the CP Jungle. I got them at about the same time the one from the CP Jungle has grown over twice as fast. BTW I was just wondering what size is yours now? If any one knows where the CP Jungle got it I would love to know.

The Griffin
yeah it is freezer chamber

swords
I think the plant is about 17 inches but I will check tomorrow

thanks
-Jeremiah-

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ Mar. 21 2004,13:16)]Tell me how you like it.  It is just at 6 inches from tendril to bottom of the lid.

thanks
-Jeremiah-
Great looking plant Jeremiah & beautifully set up in the photo. Its interesting to see that different clones produce varied growth rates. Does it have just one growing point? My main plant is now starting to produce 4 basal growth points, which I guess will have an impact on the main stems growth..

cheers

bill

I will have to confirm this with Rob but if I recall correctly. CPJungle got theirs just before I got mine. Up until Rob released some N. rajah the best you could do were tiny little things the size of a nickle. Certainly nothing around 3" diameter! I am nearly positive they came from Rob also based on the timing and the size.

If I also recall correctly, this batch of plants he released were produced from seed. There will be more diversity, and the last seed grown N. rajah you will see around for many many years.

N. rajah I find to be a funny plant. It can grow and grow for years and never get any larger then one little change in it's environment and it takes off like there is no tomorrow. It can be very perplexing at times.
Tony

Tony, You mentioned "one little change in the environment": what typically might that change be?
(Can't grow rajah down here, but find merrilliana to be like that: all of a sudden, it bursts forward in size)

Trent

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trent @ Mar. 22 2004,10:10)]Tony, You mentioned "one little change in the environment": what typically might that change be?
(Can't grow rajah down here, but find merrilliana to be like that: all of a sudden, it bursts forward in size)

Trent
Good question and I am still trying to sort that out. N. rajah has been one that has given me headaches. They grow fine but getting an increase in size is another story. Maybe they just have to reach a critical mass then jump forward. Some things I have found with this species..

They are heavy feeders and feeding makes a huge difference.
One of the few I would overpot... They have huge rootsystems and respond to more space.
They seem to like a less chunky mix and a more 'soil' like composition.

Tony

Hello

swords
I was off just a hare it is 16 3/4 inches

fly-catchers
Yes it does produce a lot of basal growing points the I just cut off a 7 inch one yesterday. I cut them all off when they has 4 or more leafs. I want all the growth to go to the main plant. The plant I got from Tony has made way more basal shoots. The plant it the photo was just starting the make them.

thanks for you help Tony. Are there seed grown N. rajah still being sold?

-Jeremiah-

Back