What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hybrid guessing time

I have these two hybrids and i wanted to share them with you all:

hyb10.jpg

hyb11.jpg

hyb12.jpg

By the way, the pink tinge on the upper half of the pitcher is real and not the pitcher dying off as it happens in some cases

Hi all:

Yes, Rob i hope you were referring to the first two photos. Mirabilis is just 1/3 of the hybrid. It is fantastic because it can withstand cold weather while all its parents are lowlands!!. that's the best hint i can give you.

If anybody has any guesses on the second hybrid, i am all ears.

Gus

Hi Gus and Everyone,
Your first photo reminds me alot of N. Wrigleyana, but could also be juvenile versions of a Japanese hybrid we have called N. Shinjuku, which is N. wrigleyana x Mixta. When Shinjuku gets large they are striking, with the peristome taking on an almost metallic sheen.
The second photo is obviously a mirabilis hybrid-maybe with anamensis or thorelii. It is still a young plant and can sometimes be hard to appraise. Of course, I'm guessing. A juvenile mirabilis x merrilliana might also fit the bill???

Trent

Hi Trent:

Yes, you are right, it is wrigleyana. The second one is more difficult to guess!.

Gus

Back