What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know how to "bring a nep Bical "dying"

to "bring it back to life"?
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

A few months ago one of my "dead" neps (dried totally brown) suddenly sent out a shoot (NOT a weed because it has pitchers), and I'm stunned cuz this have never happened to me before,
wow.gif
despite all the neps which have perished under my care...:p . Should I cut off the stem of the already wilted brown plant like my brother said I should, or just leave it alone to bud by itself (if there are still are living veins in it, that is.) Oh yeah, the topmost "fresh" shoot the bical was sending out is still a little dull green. Does that help the situation?

My bical was just starting to send out a pitcher (from a tendril), but then my newbie care got the better of it and it sort of wilted, but I don't think the problem was due to lack of water...or it may have been...it was raining all week but there were some dry periods in between, could have dried out then. Have to find a way to get it to send out a green shoot...my other nep did this after it "died"...probably had some living cells in its stem, hope my bical does too. Does anyone know how I can induce the bical to produce a new shoot from a dried out stem? Should I cut it, and if so, where? Is there any source which I can get info from eg.books, websites etc?

I have to hurry otherwise it WILL totally "die".
Please help!

Thanks,
Jason

Ok, the title of this topic is screwed up, sorry don't know what happened, rpobably got mixed up...I'm not very good at these things yet so don't laugh please!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Jason

Hi Jason,
I had cut off my x 'Coccinea' a while back (it was getting large, and I turned the two growth points into cuttings), but never removed the pot (I was just lazy). Much to my surprise, a few months later the same thing happened. The first pitcher is now just swelling. I've moved it to a more suitable environment.

How'd you turn the growth points into cuttings?

Still, does anyone have any ideas about the bical...the greeness seems to be dulling even more...have to save it soon...

Jason

Jason, the weather's not helping.
sad.gif
My bical has taken the path down the hill recently and I'm also watching it in case it dies.

It has never pitchered for me eversince I bought it. Growing conditions are ideal for lowlands, my gracilis, ampullaria and rafflesiana are doing perfect! Just this bical...it's turning yellow and it's also getting scale insects. Signs of neps under stress.
wow.gif

When my judith finn started to die, I just pinched the growth point in the middle. of course, the parent died, but at least i got 4 offshoots
cool.gif

Only difference that mines already "dead"...signs of neps under LACK OF WATERING it looks like...how can that be if it rained every day during the week...too busy to check...kept forgetting...must...study...for...exams...
That's a good lesson taught...cps need attention and TLC
I still have to find a way to save it...s'pose I'll have to cut it to try to get it to produce an offshoot...SINCE ITS ALREADY "DEAD"!
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Oh yeah Cindy...wanted you tell you that the siow-siow gracilis cutting you gave me 'bout three months ago is doing excellently...has about eight pitchers now and is still increasing increasing its pitcher size, I think...have to get a picture soon...
wink.gif

Jason

Back