What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need your help

My friend bought some nep. plants and when she put them outside in the sun they shrivled up. She gave them to me but I don't know what to do with them. I don't know how to save them. Can they still be saved. She only put them in the sun for a few hours. What do I do now??

Hi WPG,
Well, for sunburn, I would recomend a good watering, and place them in a bright, humid and warm area (for me, at this time of year, that means a tank). Avoid direct sun, as they obviously aren't hardened to it....
Don't worry too much, they may loose the leaves that got burned, but they may not. As long as they were reasonable healthy to begin with, they should pull through...I've done far worse to my neps, and they're still around!
The best thing to do is just leave them alone to recover once you have them in a good climate. Be patient, neps can take a some time to recover from stress.

well they were very healthy to begin with. thanx. she had a little baby one too and that one was healthy i think. i hope they all recover.

Back