What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image of N. merrilliana

Hi,

One of my largest N. merrilliana just produced a fairly nice pitcher.
It's about 23 cm tall, but nowhere near what the species is capable of producing....

Anyway, just thought some of you might enjoy seeing this image.

Nmerrilliana.jpg

Very nice! looks big already i cant imagine what the max size is,..

with the merrilliana, does the plant its self grow big, as in vine like the bical would do, or does it stay a compact grower while producing bigger leaves of course with the pitchers

if its no problem could you take a picture of the whole plant?

thank you

Outstanding! Love the green peristome!

Capslock

Wow. My merri is still small. I've had it about 1 1/2 years, I think...maybe a hair longer, and it's still small. The biggest pitcher to date has been 2 or 2 1/2 inches (5 or 6 cm). Guess this one just matures slowly, eh?
Very nice pitcher picture, by the way....You make me jealous!

Very pretty and large plant you have there!

Awesome. Would you mind sharing more about the plant? Like how the big plant is in diameter, how long the tendrils are (roughly), and how long you have had the plant?

Just curious.
Thanks,
Pat

thats an awesome picure!!!

coud you post some pictures of the enire plant? also how long did it take to poce that one pitcher?

Hi,

Glad to hear that you found the image interesting!

At your request, here is an image of the entire plant.
I'm afraid that it's not very easy to make out the plant,
since it's surrounded by others, but it's the large plant in
the center of the image. Note that a new leaf is unfurling, and
that it is rather reddish in color. This is typical, and the leaf
will lose its ruddy hue as it matures. The pitcher featured
in the previous image is difficult to see, but it is on the left.

I don't recall just how old this plant is, but I know I've had it for
a few years. It is somewhere between 60 and 90 cm in diamter;
certainly not fully grown. Recently, it produced a basal shoot,
which is coming along nicely. Overall, a very beautiful species!

NmerrillianaPlant.jpg

NICE!! thtas relaly cool!

one more question, how big is the pot

i must say i never knew the merrilliana has thin leaves, well, atleast thats how it looks, i thought theyd be fat like Bicalcaratas

Fat like bicals? What kind of bical do you grow? My bical has thin leaves...Now truncata...THAT has fat leaves.

Great pic! It looks like a jungle!
cool.gif

Love the merrilliana! Our plant is about 14 inches across and potted in a three gallon pot. Its got a ground shoot with cute little pitchers, and the tendrils on the main vine are starting to hook-last trap was back in Nov. Typically, it slows down for us during the winter and takes a rest. Our website sgould be up in the near future with pictures.

Trent

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ April 12 2004,10:07)]Fat like bicals?  What kind of bical do you grow?  My bical has thin leaves...Now truncata...THAT has fat leaves.

Great pic!  It looks like a jungle!  
cool.gif
really, my bical has fat leaves, so it seems

my truncata has really fat leaves but i mean with the bical it has long fat ones, strange,

Nice cuticles... pitcher not bad either.
biggrin.gif

Back