What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ayone feed HUFA?

I asked this in the nep feeding sticky but I think that thread is near death. So I'll ask it again. Has ayone tried feeding thier neps Selcon? Its a HUFA or highly unsaturated fatty acid. They sell it at quaility fish stores or you can get it online. It comes in a liquid form with a eye droper and you are suposed to soak fish food in it. I was thinking of diluting it and placing some in a picther to see if it dies or if it helps it....Or i could soak some of those "can 'O crickets" in it or other freeze ried fod

So what do you guys think ? nyoneever try it?

Why do you have to type with one hand? Did you get bit by a snake, have to hold your baby sister as one of your mom`s conditions for going on the computer or did you break it?

I have to type with one hand because my right elbow is suffering from a sever case of hemarthrosis.

Now back to the topic at hand, has anyone trid selcon in thier pitchers?

Jess,

Fairly new to Neps but based on what I have read in regards to feeding and about using 'non-fat' milk (I read that it means no fats or oils), I would think Selcon would therfore have to be a no-go.

Selcon is VERY high in oils.  I would imagine that  Nep pitcher would not react favourably to this oil.

Just my thoughts, and I'll leave my Selcon for my fish at this stage ;-)

Aaron.

Back