What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep seeds Grew!!!!!!!!!!!&

Hello i just wanted to say that my nepenthes madagascaris seeds grew . I am so happy because i had never got them to grow before. or maybe cause they were old but these grew . They are so nice little sprouts . I just got the seed from cooks cps. i had planted about 40 seeds in a couple pots in my heated terrarium. And surprise today they grew. I am wondering how many sprout i see about 3 of them!!so far.

thas awesome!!!!!

have you any pics? how long did it take to gro thee guys? What did you plant then in? How exciing for you.....

Congratulations! Now if only my N. lowii seeds would sprout...

SF

it took about 3 weeks for them to grow. Planted them in pure spagnum. they grow in about 100% humidity and 80-85 day and as low as 60 at night. because i have a heat pad on the bottom of the tank that only runs during the day. I bet that helped speed the process. i will try to get pictures of them it might be hard considering the small size but will try to focus it

Congratulations! Do they need to be THAT warm to germinate? I think I'll have to move mine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 12 2004,10:52)]Congratulations! Do they need to be THAT warm to germinate?
yep (i think
tounge.gif
)

well i wouldnt say that warm but it definately speeds them up and i bet it improves the % of germination.Just think as soon as the summer temps hit the humidity and temps are basically provided.

U think it would be ok if i sow N Mirabilis seeds in a pot of pure spagnum peat inside a plastic bag and leave them on my windowsill?
would they germinate like that?
i dont know how much heat they need but they would certainly get 100% humidity
also, how hi does the temperature have to be for nep seeds to germinate?

i was going to do that if it wasnt for my terrarium. But the only problem is keep an eye out for fungus. i would recomend spraying with a fungicide .:D

Congrats! N.mirablis is lowland so it would need rather warm temps.

so far i have 3 visible plants that grew i will try posting a picture

I look forward to seing pics.

Congrats! Can you see any forming pitchers yet?
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

(Hey, your 100th post...)
wink.gif

oh cool i did hit 100 posts!!!!!!!!! I just got a digital camera and will post the picture tonight

here is my picture of nepenthes madagascariensis
nepenthes_mad.jpg

nice! just out of curiosity what are the seedlings in the top left? beans?

they happen to be brugmansia x candida. the terrarium helps speed the process of seeds to germinate. Along with the madagascariensis there is a truncata plant that you can see a bit of it and a drosera aliciae

I thought those were some kind of solanaceous plant, makes since that they would be Brugmansia.

a fiew things i would like to touch on
1.you need heat to germinate nep seedlings
2.yes they will germinate on you're window sill aslong
as there is enought heat humidity & light
3.it looks astho you have burried thoes seeds
ALL cp seed likes to be sown on the surface
tis my 2 cents
tounge.gif

Back