What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Joe,
From what I understand, you need your permits to bring in seed also. Only problem are the CITES I plants/seed, and none of Choong's pictured plants are on the list, as you know.

Lauderdale,
As far as growing them here in south Florida-not unless you have an air conditioned grow chamber. However, I do keep hearing about a lowland ramispina colony that is not yet in cultivation...
Trent

Great pics man, and nice story to go with. Makes for a good visual of the whole day.

Joe

Very nice!!!!!!!!1 i wish i would be able to grow the ramispina here in FL, very beautiful,. Thank you for posting this thread! very interesting read and awsome photos

Schloaty,

That plant of yours is a N. macfarlanei. I have two young plants from Cameron Highlands that produces pitchers like that. Somehow, those young plants in GH, seems to produce white small pitchers.

Lauderdale,

Highlanders can be grown in hot climate. I have a few mature N. sanguinea (that flowered and seeded). I also have a few young N. ramispina and N. macfarlanei and the following highlanders for 6 -12 months: N. hamata, N. eymae, N. glabrata, N. lowii, N. tentaculata, N. pilosa, N. stenophylla, N. faizalina, N. burbigeae, N. inermis and N. lavicola.

I think you have an advantage over me, in that during the winter months, you can have cool climates. Over here it is 34C daytime temperature all year round.

BTW, I just heard from Guenter that the N. ramispina seeds he brought back is germinating.

Choong

So are you able to grow ramispina in florida temperatures? at night the temperates get between 65-75

Back