What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes tobaica

I saw this on PetFlyTrap's Page and was courious if this is easy to grow and what does it look like . Is any one growing this? Any thought are wellcome...

Jim

Very easy to grow but requires lots of light to pitcher.
smile.gif

eh I'd say very easy and don't need lots of light to pitcher
smile.gif
Mine was sitting blocked from light in my terra and pitchered fine.

I have a N. mirabilis x tobaica that grows just fine outdoors under two layers of window screen...very attractive and easy to grow.  I just water it every once in a while and it produces a new pitcher about every other month.  The biggest so far is 5".
smile.gif

Hi,

N. tobaica is an easy highland plant being quite similar in appearence to N. gracilis. N. tobaica also grows well in interemdiate conditions. The colour of the pitchers ranges from dull green to dark red. Sadly the most cultivated plants have pure green pitchers. I was lucky to get a pinkish clone:

N_tobaica_0104.jpg

Cheers Joachim

Hate to rain on the parade, but if PFT has it, it is probably the ventricosa x khasiana clone that is going around mislabled as N. tobaica. It originated from the Dutch nurseries where N. 'Miranda' and 'Velvet' and some tc'd coccinea did.

Regards,

Joe

Thanks everyone for the picts and the advice.. I was looking into the one at Petflytrap. Thanks again
Jim

Back