What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple of random pics

Here's the latest pitcher on my N. maxima x ventricosa. This is always a crowd-pleasing plant for me, you can see the red from across the room:

N_maxima_x_ventricosa_12.sized.jpg

And here's my cutting of N. x Splendiana that's forming a nice basal shoot to go along with these neat upper pitchers. The lowers are apparently much redder and colorful, so i can't wait to see them! (Disregard the humidity reading on the monitor there. It's never read above 30%, cheap piece of...)
N_x_Splendiana3.sized.jpg

Capslock

The red is brilliant! Nice pics man.

Joe

wow! awesome neps!

Do i see 21% on that hydrometer?
wow.gif

That N. maxima X ventricosa is one of the top plants on my wantlist. Beautiful!

SF

Nice job! You have a great display there.

Spec,

I think that is why he said "disregard the reading" below the pictures, lol.
The splendiana is very nice. Something about a green pitcher with a red peristome(or the other way around, like neps N. merilliana) that is pleasing to look at.
Isn't splendiana a lowland hybrid, or am I off on that? It looks like your aristolchiodes hybrid is sitting right next to it.

Regards,

Joe

Thanks all! Joe, N. x Splendiana is N. maxima x kampotiana, so it has lowland and highland. The aristolochiodes next to it is a hybrid with thorelli, and both plants are easy growers in my intermediate/highland conditions. It's kind of wierd, but one of my fastest growers is another aristolochioides hybrid, that one with ventricosa. I like any nep with aristolochioides!
tounge.gif

Capslock

Great pics! It seems like you have a lot of interesting hybrids.
smile.gif

Pat

Yea, Splendiana will grow both highland and lowland. Hybrids of a (highland x lowland) parentage are very tolerant of a wide range of temperatures.

Trent

DOH! didn't notice that...

Caps,
     If you come home to a ransacked home with your artistolocioides and hybrids gone, With your desk thrown out of the window, don't blame me!
tounge.gif
(inside joke)

Wow that N. maxima x ventricosa is breathtaking! All I can say is WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back