What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventricosa problem .

here is my ventricosa in my terrarium which is litterally fallng a part . it seems to not look good and it seems like the shoots are falling over and snaping.
ventricosa_with_problem.jpg

What is wrong . what should i do?
rock.gif
??

hard to tell, but it looks like it is way too waterlogged... could be root rot
sad.gif
iw ould take cuttings and try to save them as best as you can

should i take out of the terrarium to let it dry slightly i already took a cutting that fell off the plant and am working on rooting it. i was thinking of taking the top part that is falling and try rooting that to . Is there any way to save the bottom part of the plant that was established other then rooting it.

If you can get a healthy bit off the top, you might be able to get it rooted. Unfortunately when the plant gets infected like this the pathogen travels up the stem much further and faster than the symptoms show. You can see this when cutting across a section of stem and the outside is green but there are dark brown/black sections on the inside.

Looks like you need a lighter/less dense, more well drained potting mix and to water less often.

What you can do is take the plant out and see if there is a heathy root system. If there is a root ball then it is savable otherwise try to do a cutting of what you feel you can save.

Do you know what your potting mix consist of? and how often do you water your neps?

Maybe it's a male Nepenthes and it is not liking the pink gravel?
tounge.gif

Was it healthy when you got it? I got a possible ventrata recently I traded for that looked like #### and still does.
Also, what is in the sqare pot to the upper left of it ? I see two little sprouts. Just curious about that.

Joe

oh yeah the little spots in the pot are baby nepenthes madagascariensis. they just grew i am so happy that they grew. I posted a topic about them and there is a picture directed at them.well anyway i will try to take the plant out of its pot get some cuttings and see if i can save the bottom. Thanks for the suggestions
biggrin.gif

I am really out of the aquarium loop, but is pink gravel colored and possibly plant toxic? Obviously not for fish. maybe a reverse tyoe problem where cedar is toxic to reptiles, but not to plants?

Thanks,

Joe

Ck,Please try to capitalize the genus name.

Thanks,
pond boy

OH NO! ITS THE nEPENTHES POLICE!
tounge.gif
RUN!!!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
jk

(inside joke)

give us updates on how the plant is doing
smile.gif

Back