What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trusmadiensis in uk?

Can anyone suggest where I could get this species in the uk or europe?

Thanks
Bobble
biggrin.gif

Hi Bobble:

Nepenthes X trusmadiensis is not a species but a hybrid between N. lowii X N. macrophylla. Beautiful plant by the way, but a slow grower and difficult to propagate from cuttings. I don't think anybody sells it commercially because it is a very slow grower. There is a nursery in Australia which hybridises it with other plants to make more vigorous neps, but this is another story.

Gus

Sure you can get it in Europe! Order lots of seed grown N. lowii from Wistuba is he has any. You're bound to get a Trusmadiensis!
biggrin.gif

Duestin:

I don't think Mr. Wistuba sells seeds for starters, even if these were supposed to be Lowii. For commercial nurseries, it is usually against their policy to sell seeds.

Gus

Notice I didn't mention individual seeds, but seed grown plants. I don't think Andreas would sells seeds, no too precious to him, but he would most likely sell a few seed grown Nepenthes.

bobble, you are so hoist by you own petard! (inside joke)
laugh.gif

One of Wistuba's macropylla clones is supposedly N. x Trusmadiensis. He sells them as N. edwardsiana ssp macrophylla.

Regards,

Joe

Hey Griffin:

That's good to know. It's a shame though that Wistuba does not Sell to Australia. I would love to get my hands on a trusmadiensis.

Gus

Back