What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just..

Has any one tried to put their neps into dormancy? If so what was the outcome

It would not work, because the plants are tropical. You can't "reprogram" a plant to your own time schedule/photoperiod. They are "set" so to speak to grow for a certain or entire part of the year, and that is it. There are, of course, a few exceptions such as pygmy sundews that can skip their summer dry period, but a nep in dormancy would no doubt about it die rather quickly. I hope this helps answer your question, as I tried to use the "quotations" (thank you Dr. Evil!) and more normal and simple words. If you would like an in depth technical analysis, that would be ok as well!

~LM
biggrin.gif

We shall put the Preperation H into the <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>"</span> Laser Beam <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>"</span>
laugh.gif

Nepenthes dont really have anything to die back to, thus they can't go dormant.

You guys! You reply like I would do such a thing.
tounge.gif

I was wonderin because someone who just began CP and lets say bought from this store a Nep, and the care sheet doesnt say anything about Neps and dormancy, and they put their nep in dormancy. Sheesh. I dont even have a nep.
smile.gif

I was just making sure... the same as you were just wondering... I can't bear to hear nep disaster stories. They make me feel ummm... Well sympathetic. So THERE!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ May 21 2004,5:31)]We shall put the Preperation H into the <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>"</span> Laser Beam <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>"</span>
laugh.gif

Nepenthes dont really have anything to die back to, thus they can't go dormant.
Huh? What?

Back