What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.ampularia

I have seen some picts of n.amp and the pitchers seem to hide the leaves and it seems as if they hardly have any leaves. Anyone have any pictures.

Here's another.
NampullariaNewUrn.jpg

The most recent photo of my overgrown lowland terrarium is here.  There are two amps, a red one and a spotted.

N. ampullaria standard green variety will make leaves 25-30 cm long on the main vine with pitcher apx. 7 cm high.

The basal shoots are the ones which have very tiny leaves 2.5 - 5. cm with up to 10 cm pitchers (more often 5 cm-still making the leaves look very small). My 6" potted N. amp green form has several dozen basal shoots crammed in there. The plant must send out a long vine before the basal shoots begin to form in such density. I cut off the long vine and expected a basal shoot to grow imediately to replace it but so far it has taken 6 months to initiate a new shoot (one is coming up now making bigger and bigger leaves).

(I would show  pics but my website is down for the moment-I'll paste pics here when it's up again in a couple days)  
sad.gif

Back