What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for that bit of technical info TC! I won't sweat it too much then. I sure wish there was a way to get back at these guys, I wonder how many others got ripped on the year prepaid hosting service... It's not so much the money but the hassle!
mad.gif

Wow your N. rajah is getting purty big purty quickly! How larger are the pitchers now?

Hey Dustin, The pitchers are 10 cm still but the peristome is evolving and looking like this:
rajah5.jpg

The leaves get red and stay reddened in spots but the pitchers don't seem to get bigger than 10 cm. Maybe it's needing repotting to give me those massive pitchers? Or perhaps the amount of insects I give it is interfereing with the need to create larger and showier pitchers and it equates to a nitrogen overload? Hmm...

I'm so jelaous of Jeremiah having those 15 cm rajah pitchers!
smile.gif

I can't take it any longer! My pitchers are only 5-7 cm, and don't have such a wild adult peristome... I really love your plant, it's looking very nice!
smile.gif

Wow Josh, superb! We shall see what mine decides to do, Tony says that the pitcher on it appears to be growing and inflating so soon.....on the other hand my N. aristolochioides has an unopened pitcher at 2.5 inches tall!

WOW I gotta see that one when it opens! How big (diameter) is your N. aristo plant now? Is it vining already?

I love the shape of aristo but mines only got 1.5 inch on the latest pitcher on about an 8" diameter plant roughly 5 inches tall.

Oh jeez, your plant is waaaay bigger than mine! The diameter is roughly 5 inches (13cm) Its about 3inches (8cm) tall. And its in a 7 cm square pot in pure sphagnum. I fertilized it earlier last year......but no pitchers from about last autumn till now, so only fertilize if you want to bump up the plant size....you wont see pitcher for about a 1/2 a year to a year.

No wonder CP seems to be a mlae dominated hobby. It all comes back to comparing "whose is bigger..."

smile_n_32.gif

Joe

Ha Joe!
biggrin.gif

Actually, I just like to see how fast I can get them to grow if I baby them. I hear misconceptions from people on the time it takes to grow Neps to nice sizes so I like to compare growth rates. Dustin and I seem to have gotten most of our same highland species within a month or so of each other so I like to keep up with his growth rates in a greenhouse compared to mine in terrariums. If I only had some land I'd have a GH too...

Hello

very nice photos everyone

just for comparison nice here is my newest N. rajah pitcher just breaking 6 inches.

Nep_freezer%20046.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

A SECOND pitcher? Nice!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I shall inhale your rajah!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
*shudders*

Sorry, just had to Est
smile_m_32.gif

Jeremiah, that is just beautiful.

Your Rajah is simply amazing.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Incredible Jeremiah! Do you grow the rajah in your freezer growchamber? Thanks,
~LM

Hello

thanks for all the nice words

lithopsman
Yeah it is in my freezer growchamber but it is about 1/2 inch from the sides so I wont have it there for long. Ether this summer or next I'm going to build an highland/ultra-highland greenhouse then I will grow it in there.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Thar she blows!
biggrin.gif

Love that!

Here it blows to!

aristo_002.sized.jpg

aristo2.sized.jpg

The scale is horrible in this picture, the pitcher is actually quite large in your hand. About the size of a ping pong ball (just oblonged)

Very nice Dustin! You say this was about 7.5 cm?

I hope my new AC will keep my highland plants cool this summer so they won't quit pitchering. My aristos latest pitcher is 5 cm and I want them bigger like that!
smile.gif

Last year my AC got so clogged with pollen and dust it became almost totally worthless. I won't loose my filter this time!

Yeah Josh, its basically 7.5cm, 3 inches tall. Quite impressed with it myself.

Lovely Nepenthes everybody!

Back