What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nooooo!   crash!

schloaty

Staff member
So the wind knocked by truncata x ventricosa off the railing.
smile_h_32.gif

The youngest pitcher (naturally also the best looking) was cracked in a couple of places, and can no longer hold water. Does anyone know if you can repair pitchers? Can I use something like "Newskin," or something?
confused.gif

So bummed about this....It's such a nice pitcher!
mad.gif

Luckily, it's the beginning of the growing season and the next pitcher will be even nicer. I wouldn't try to repair it.

My N. khasiana fell from its tree in the same wind but, fortunately, had a soft landing.

a pitcher of mine also cracked. it wasnt able to hold water, but i left it, and after 2 weeks, it repaired itself...
then again, it was only a little crack, half an inch at most, so i would just let it b if i were u

Wouldn't worry about it. N. truncata and hybrids with the plant seem to have brittler pitchers then most Nepenthes, especially once they've hardened off to the environment. Once they are cracked, they are no good, sure they will repair themselves to an extent and prevent infection by a pathogen, but will not be able to hold liquid anymore, just wait, I'm sure another beatuy will be on it's way.
smile.gif

I guess now is NOT the time to bring up duct tape again.
biggrin.gif

ever notice that I guy's life revolves around making things stick and making things unstick?
biggrin.gif

Back