What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture thingies

Was busy doing things today and snapped a couple quick pics at the GH.

N. muluensis upper pitcher. This is the Malesiana clone that gets all red leaves and lower pitchers.
Nmul_up.jpg

N. argentii finally starting to show more mature looking pitchers. Naturally it went through the bottom of the tray before forming!
Narg.jpg

Tony

Wow! That N. argentii is neat! Just don't see enough pics of this one online! How big is that pitcher I know Jebb & Cheek say they don't get above 4.7 cm high but some of their max pitcher measurements have been off when comparing them to my plants.

Hi Tony,

very nice shots! Just out of curiosity how big and old are these two plants? Any special conditions you growthese plants in?

My N. argentii I kindly got from Rob as replacement for Phill's wrong labeled plant in september last year still has not reached the size again it had, when I got it. It pitchers OK and also has build a massive root system growing near the surface of the pot ( I repotted it today to check the roots).

The N. muluensis from MT stays quite small under my harsh conditions. The diameter of the whole plant is only about 6cm and doesn't show any signs that this will increase.

Cheers Joachim

Wonderful! Is that argentii retail size? You might have just pried mucho dinero out of me, again!
confused.gif
Bad Tony, bad!
smile_l_32.gif
smilie4.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Well I didn't take any measurements so these are guestimates..

Joachim - I have had both for 2 years or so.. I don't recall exactly. The N. muluensis used to give me trouble too. From what I expect were night temperatures too warm. They grew but never got much bigger than 2-3" (5-7cm) They do much better now that I specifically feed them regularly. They are still not tremendously larger. This one that is vining is maybe 5" diameter (12cm or so)

The N. argentii has also been a little tempermental and slow to gain in size. Again I attribute to night temps a bit on the warm side. If I am careful with feeding they make slow gains but they also burn easy.

Plans in the works for a new growing range specifically for highland with a section set off for ultrahighland.

Josh - N. argentii pitcher is o maybe a couple cm tall. Still has a bit to grow yet to get that real nice V shaped pitcher.
Lithopsman - sorry this is not retail size. Young N. argentii have narrow pitchers sometimes fairly constricted in the middle. This plant is one of the seed grown plants I have had for about 2 years now. TC plants are just now available but expect a least couple years growth before the pitchers start to look like this.

Tony

Nice picture thingies Tony! I like that argentii as well. I like tubby pitchers.

It must be fun to be in your greenhouse. I wish I had one. Guess I'll keep buying lottery tickets.
confused.gif

Tony,

many thanks for your comments. So I'll have to wait at least two years for a nice N. argentii pitcher though. Ok, while waiting I still can watch one of my similar small sized Nepenthes:

N_tenuis_200404.jpg

Cheers Joachim

Hey Folks,
My muluensis has just started vining after about 2 years. I have a picture at my site http://www.venturalink.net/~maxxpaxx/nmuluen.htm if interested. My argentii is still relatively small but growing away. My pitchers aren't quite as pronounced as Tony's yet, but maybe by midsummer they may be close. Will post pics soon. Good to hear from ya Joachim. Hope the plants are treatin' well.

Cheers back at 'cha
Joelnepenthes around the house

Why Joachim, what a nice rarity!
smile_m_32.gif
Nice pics everyone.
smile.gif

Nice plants\pics I especialy like the N. muluensis very elongated and colorful.:p

Back