What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ok i have Miranda and Ventrata doing wonderfully. looks like my Ile de France is to. my gracilis var. nigrapupra(sp?) is putting on its first pitcher. i have a raffle' thats doing wonderfully. what next? ventricosa is close enough to the ventrata that im not interested at the moment. i have a lil amp that seems stuck in slow motion but isnt getting any worse, just aint growing very fast and i have been told this isnt unusual. i was thinking of maybe getting a bellii, merrilliana, or maybe a truncata. anything else that might do well in my conditions that are producing wonderful pitchers in my other Neps?

also just how highland are Nepenthes gymnamphora and ramispina? They looks interesing.

Rattler

Can you tell us what exactly your conditions are Day time/nightime temps (don't forget summer highs and winter lows) this is the easiest way to make suggestions. N. ampullaria (like N. bicalcarata) doesn't like to be cool at all as it's a true lowlander. N. ramispina is a real highlander from my experience as growth slows for my plant between july and august (my warmest months).

In my "lowland/intermediate" chamber (which is what it seems you're shooting for here) I have an orange N. sanguinea doing real well but the red N. sanguinea the next pot over is not doing as great. It's doing OK but not performing with the same speed and massive growth. Also theres: N. khasiana x ventricosa, ventricosa, truncata, Judith Finn, Gentle, eustachya (pitchers last almost 4 times longer in intermediate than true lowland conditions), Miranda, Ventrata, truncata x veitchii, Petra Giant (just looks like a bigger colorless form of N. ventrata) and theres some more but I can't think of them at the moment!

bicals are fun and easy. I always wanted a trunc X veitchii. I started this post and now I can't think of anything...........

Joe

grow northiana, it my favorite
biggrin.gif

also, truncata is a nice and LARGE grower
Best Wishes,
Hellz

humidity stays well over 70 percent. temps vary but have been around 88 to 95 during the day because the lights give off heat dropping to whatever the household temp is at night, usually somewhere between 65 and 75. it is more an intermediate chamber i guess. im building a LARGE grow chamber as soon as things settle down around here and can do some microclimates such as placing the amp near a tub of heated water but temps away from the tub should still have a nice drop at night but no where as cold as a highland tank should. ive got a couple more hybrids i didnt list b/c they were recieved as unrooted/barly rooted cuttings and am waiting to see if they establish themselves. i am looking more twords pure species. i have thought about bicals BUT dont know what i would do with a huge adult one. i would have room till its about 3-3.5 ft across but thats it. thanks for the info.

Rattler

N. campanulata is an awesome lowlander, and stays small. It's very distinct from all other Nepenthes. I really like N. albomarginata, too.

Back