What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just pics of my neps

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
My N. gracilis
2004_0601_N_gracilis.jpg

and its basal shoot
smile.gif

2004_0601_gracilis_basal_shoot1.jpg
]
I have had this N. ventricosa for a about 2 years now.
N_ventricosa_from_Botanique.jpg

actually I have several and they are pitchering like crazy.
N_ventricosa_pitchers.jpg

and the N_spathulata_x_veitchii i got from the CCPS booth at the Lawn & Garden show in Colorado Springs back in April.
N_spathulata_x_veitchii.jpg

N_spathulata_x_veitchii_ccloseup.jpg

nice pics! I really liked your nepenthes sphatulata x vietchi.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

BCK,

I really like the last one!

Warren

Plants look nice and healthy Steve.

Btw N. spathulata x veitchii = N. Judith Finn

Tony

funny how no one likes the really common ones, but when they're labeled with thier hybrid and not the cultivar name, and people dont know its judith finn, that everyone loves it!!!
laugh.gif

Oh, and the plants look great!

/BONK Tony

<span id='ME'><center>Spectabilis73 scampers away before tony knows what happened to him</center></span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ June 05 2004,8:06)]Plants look nice and healthy Steve.  

Btw N. spathulata x veitchii = N. Judith Finn

Tony
Thanks Tony,
I'll add that info to the plant lable. Sure a lot easier to write than N. spathulata x veitchii.

BCK

I like your gracilis... I like how its growing so spindly, thats one of the things I like about gracilis.

Also I was going to ask; What kind of labels are those ? I like them, they looks much nicer then my stupid horizontal ones that I have to eat a taco just to read....

Nice Neps! I especially like the N.ventricosa it`s very red. Is that the "red pitchers" form?

I apologize for not responding to your questions sooner guys. I haven't been spending as much time on the forum lately and just noticed them today when I was trying to catch up on the last couple days of posts.

@ Flip_Side_the_Pint: I bought the lables last fall at Wal Mart. They come in packs of 25 for like 99¢.

@ Pond Boy: I don't know if they are the "red pitchers" form or not. I got them from Botanique and they were simply labled N. ventricosa. I also got one from PFT/TF that looks the same. Both plants are in my south facing bay window and recieve either full sun or bright indirect sun all day.

Glad you guys like them
smile.gif
!

Hey BCK, good to see the gracilis is behaving for you! How is it adjusting to the lower humidity of your windowsill? Looks like it doesn't seem to mind one bit!

It's looking good so far Schloaty
biggrin.gif
. The tendrils on the two new leaves are still looking nice and green and the tips still look like they will form pitchers. The humidity (if my hygrometer is even close to accurate) has been about 25% most of this week. Right now it reads 27%. I keep the soil pretty damp most of the time. I don't let it dry to much because the humidity is so low. This week, I have been using a 1 gal sprayer set to as fine a mist as possible to water with in the hopes that that would help oxygenate the water as it is sprayed onto the soil. It has had the added benefit of washing off algae and burying the carpet moss that tries to grow.
laugh.gif
I'm keeping my fingers crossed until the pitchers form and mature on the new leaves. Then I can consider it a partial success. If I can grow it this way a full year, then it will be a complete success. After that I'll see about getting it to flower the following year
laugh.gif
!

Back