What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeding your nepenthed fresh blood.

I don't know if it is just that this thread was already about feeding blood to your plants or what... but this pic in this thread has been making me laugh for quite a while now. Thanks soopaman.

sorry dash, I was too late to include yours too!

Seedjar posted it the other day, I have been waiting for a chance to use it ever since :D

might I also bring up that his promise that he would update it was never fulfilled. Perhaps he went a bit too far... or since no one cares too much about the rules of such an old thread, maybe his plants got him?

might I also bring up that his promise that he would update it was never fulfilled. Perhaps he went a bit too far... or since no one cares too much about the rules of such an old thread, maybe his plants got him?

Little shop of horrors comes to mind......:mwahaha:

So I get bad nosebleeds almost daily due to a combination of always low humidity, altitude, allergies and chronic sinusitis. I must admit having fed a nep about a teaspoon of fresh blood. I can't say one way or another if it was good for it or not. It dealt with it fine. The blood sank into the bottom of the pitcher, the pitcher fluid rested on top, and within a few days it turned all black inside. No smell at all. Pitcher life was normal, plant grew fine after. <shrug>

So I get bad nosebleeds almost daily due to a combination of always low humidity, altitude, allergies and chronic sinusitis. I must admit having fed a nep about a teaspoon of fresh blood. I can't say one way or another if it was good for it or not. It dealt with it fine. The blood sank into the bottom of the pitcher, the pitcher fluid rested on top, and within a few days it turned all black inside. No smell at all. Pitcher life was normal, plant grew fine after. <shrug>

...no singing and dancing and promises of magical gift-giving? Thats disappointing! ;)

Since we've already revived the thread, I would just like to say that OP is hardcore.

And some people call us Nepenthes growers who fertilize nutjobs... :lol:

Haha...love the pics! You never know, this thread might just never die. Sure is an eye-catcher! I'll just stick to foliar fertilization and good ol' fashioned bugs though. :)

Back