What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey Dustin, The hamata that you have your hand around is one of the nicest plants I've seen in a private collection. Nice Job!

Steve L
Grand Rapids, MI

Dustin, this this the tendril attachment on a 18 cm pitcher that opened the other day.

hamata13.jpg

It's an intermediate as it attaches in the back but still has the wings. This is the leaf immediately below the first curled tendril on the 2nd largest vine. This plant is real bush with vines coming from every node. Is yours bushing out yet from the main vine? I've got about a dozen vines coming off the main stalk all the way up but no basal shoots at all.

Hey Steve, thank you for your wondeful comments! I try my best to make the plants happy.

Josh, Mine has little wings on the front....here's a side view of the pitcher and how it wrapper around the support...

1hamataupper.sized.jpg

Edit: BTW, i have 2 basal rosettes, one has a small pitcher on it already. I think a few of the nodes on the main stem are activating.

Ooh! Very nice!
smile.gif

No coloration at all on that one! I can't wait to see that one open! Of course, as you know the longer it takes a pitcher to open, the bigger it'll be!
How big is the bud thus far- or did I miss the measurement?

Hey Josh, nope that was my bad on the size! ;p Its around 4in (10.5cm) high and now infating at all. My last pitcher (the one I had in my hand) was 7.5in(19cm) tall! My biggest N. hamata pitcher. Perhaps this new one will really take off...
cool.gif

Back