What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My two new babies

N.truncata has such cool leafs:)

thank pond boy,

The N.rafflesiana is producing a pitcher. What's your preferred cp to grow?

Christian

I can see the pictures now!!!!

Nice truncata, looks like a nice size plant.

Hi flipside,

I finally got the darn pictures working. Apparently the website I was using doesn't accept more than one viewer, and how lame is that. thanks mate. I know they just look like plain leaves at the moment. hehe. I'm Just being patient until it produces a pitcher.

Christian
smile.gif

Yea that is strange, one viewer....

You're going to love that truncata once it gets going. Its slow to produce leaves one after the other. But each consecutive leaf is considerably larger then the last. At least that how my little plant is. Each new leaf is about twice larger then the last, its amazing

My truncata was giving to me by a good friend but I just can´t figure it out. It hasnt grown much, at all... Why is that??? I envy all of you
smile_n_32.gif
u guys just have such great truncatas, and enormous too. Mine is a little squat.
smile_o_32.gif
I just hope one they he´ll pull thru.

Hi Flipside,

Yeah its is very strange.

-------------------------

Hi Andenes,

What conditions do you grow the truncata in. i.e. light, humidity, soil, in a terrarium or outside?

Christian

Well its outside in a shed. Its in a small wooden pot very much like´the ones used for orchids. I water my plants 3 times a day to keep them humid at least. I use sphagnum moss and Perlit soil. Maybe this will help:
pitchers49.jpg

Hi Andenes,

WOW. Your truncata looks much larger than mine and it has nice green leaves and a pitcher. I can see down the bottom right a nice pitcher, is it a raff?. Are your highlands and lowlands mixed? And does the truncata experience cool temperatures as many hobbyists have told me not to let them experience temperatures below 15 degrees celcius.
Also, did you change its potting medium because I have had nepenthes khasiana outside that I have repotted and it took it almost a year to adapt and start pitchering and growing again. Same with my nep truncata x maxima.

Christian

Well MadAboutCPs, my truncata isn´t that big jejeje it just looks big on the picture. And yes, that is a raff pitcher. I got this plant last year on december from right here on pft.com and look how much it´s grown!!! I´m so proud of it
smile_o_32.gif
°sob°
Anyway, I have a khasiana growing outside on my shed too and she´s getting bigger by the minute! And about the temps., well here on Puerto Rico we don´t get cool temps. at night and thats why I only raise lowlanders.

Hi Andenes,

That's great, honestly maybe your truncata is adjusting. I have Nepenthes khasiana growing outside too and was growing quickly during the summer. Now its winter it had slowed down during autumn and seems to be adjusting as it is still pitchering.

Christian

Back