Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does my merrilliana need

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ June 08 2004,7:48)]Guessing it was a prepotted plant from Malesiana?
    T
    Hi Tony,

is this a known problem of MT plants?

Disappearing roots may also be caused by to wet and compact soil. The roots easily rot under these conditions.

Just as a note I won't ever cut of any living material of a plant in these conditions. It costs the plant an enormous amount of energy to build the chlorophyll (sp?)! Just place it in very high humidity, i.e. a plastic bag, and only humid soil - LFS prefered.

Cheers Joachim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The presence of algae and lack of a root system for me indicates too wet at the roots. I agree with Tony and Joachim. Keep it moist(not wet) with extremely high humidity.
    Aliflor comes in three grades. Sounds like you would use the seedling size, "fine" grade. Fine grade fir bark is good too. Our small merrillianas are very happy in a mix of 1.fine aliflor, 2.fine fir bark, 3.l.f.s.(easy on this) 4.fine grade pumice, 5.sphagnum peat moss to hold it all together. The proportions are hard to explain: I mix by feel. It drains rapidly when water is poured through it.
    Once in the plastic bag-leave it alone! Carefully check on it-do not budge the soil, do not change its orientation to the light. The trick to re-establishing is consistent conditions with no disturbances.

Trent
    Boca Raton,
    Florida

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did these things and I guess we will see. Thanks all

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123