What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x trusmadiensis

Hi,

the N. x Trusmadiensis I swapped for my big N. clipeata has produced a very nice pitcher I want to share:

N_trusmadiensis_090604_med.jpg

The size is about 21 cm from the base to the tip of the lid.

Cheers Joachim

Wow!!! Awesome Joachim! Too bad that you had to swap a beautiful plant for another beautiful plant.

WOW! I love the pitchers of this plant, very beautiful!
smile.gif

Very nice plant:O! What is the parentage of this hybrid?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

That's just awesome!

Pond Boy that's a natural hybrid between N. macrophylla x lowii.

If I recall the story correctly several people accidentally wound up with these when they ordered N. lowiis some years ago. I wish I could have been so "unlucky"!
biggrin.gif

Is this one of those plants Joachim?

Well Josh,

no it is not one of these plants. AFAIK this plant was collected as small cutting on Mt Trus Madi in 1991. I'm already the third owner of this plant...

Some years back collecting cuttings as well as whole plants and bringing them over to Europe was quite easy and there were also 'nurserys' selling wild collected plants. Luckily times have changed, but if no seeds are found the only way to bring a plant into cultivation is to take cuttings. I.e. N. tenuis only grows at a very small spot and might be extinct in few years due to environmental changes. Seeds of this species were not found up to now and so the plant I grow is of course also grown from a collected cutting.

The first N. macrophylla Andreas sold were seed grown and among these plants some hybrids popped up. The N. macrophylla he sells today are in vitro plants and are all tru N. macrophylla. Tony als has some N. x Trusmadiensis which were among the seed grown N. lowii Rob released a year or two ago.

Cheers Joachim

Back