What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh already guessed it ;>
N. jacquelineae x izumiae

Pat.. that is just one of many.  There is a fair amount of variation in coloring both on the pitcher and on the peristome.  With a few having some stripes on the peristome also.  Pitcher on the dark red one is about 4" tall.  The peristome details seem to be getting more pronounced still as they get larger.
Here is my other favorite clone.  Color is a tad off.. it's a bit more orange than it looks.  This pitcher is about 5" on a 10" diameter plant.
N. diatas meadow form with a light colored peristome
Nthread11.jpg

Tony

Cool. Mine still looks completely different in pitcher shape and coloration. Mine looks like it is leaning back, and the mouth looks bigger. Promise to post it tonight before I leave.

Thanks for the picture, btw- I am big fan of the red-pitchered Nepenthes.
smile.gif

Speaking of N. diatas meadow form...

here is that 'unique' one i picked out of the seedlings at Tony's...little different coloration.

diatas2.sized.jpg

Similar to Pat's "forest form" plant that I have seen photos of, the coloration that is, haven't seen the leaves. Here is a link to pat's plant: http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/myplants/P3110083

Hope you guys don't mind if I add a bunch of pictures.. It's late at night, no natural lighting, so the pictures are kind of sketchy.

Dustin:

Newest pitcher of my N. diatas 'forest form' :
P3280014.sized.jpg

Tony: Am I missing something? Mine looks completely different. =(
Newest pitcher of N. diatas 'meadow form'

P3280005.sized.jpg

Couldn't get a good shot of the peristome because of the lighting, so here is my dark & mysterious photo:
P3280010.sized.jpg

And also, my N. diatas 'meadow form' (already one of my favorite plants was kind enough to grace me with a basal shoot!
First pitcher!
tiny.sized.jpg

See ya,
Pat

OK I'm confused now! Either my meadow form is a really wierd variant or I got a wrong name tag by mistake. The only difference I see is that my meadow form has a finer peristome and your forest form has a larger spaced peristome.

Don't follow you Pat.. Your N. diatas meadow form looks fine to me. Nicely colored clone.

Dunno Dustin.. The only differences I can tell between the forest form and the meadow form is the leaves are usually much longer and thinner in the forest form. Pitchers are thinner and taller and the peristome is thinner and taller in the back where it attaches to the lid. Comparing between seedlings is difficult because sometimes differences are not always so pronounced.

There is deffinately a noticable variation in the seedlings in both forms.
Tony

Thanks for the info Tony.

smile.gif
Great photos in this thread!  

Nice carpet too Pat
biggrin.gif

Photos are what makes these forums so addictive, not to mention educational!

So you think mine is correctly IDed then?

Back