What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actually managed some time at the greenhouse potting new plants so snapped a few pics since everyone seems to be on a picture posting spree!

N. veitchii striped highland
Recently opened so the peristome is still pretty green.  (sorry color is off a bit on this photo.)
Nthread1.jpg

N. mikei forest..
Nthread3.jpg

N. diatas meadow form.  This is a particularly dark clone.
Nthread5.jpg

N. ovata with hand for size proportion.  This plant is hitting the vining phase now.. o boy.
Nthread6.jpg

N. burbidgeae with that gnarly hand again.  This plant is still a youngin compared to what it is capable of.
Nthread7.jpg

Not sure what this weed is but guess I will keep it..
Nthread8.jpg

(S. leucophylla Ruby Urn btw)

N. rajah.. 5" pitcher on 12" plant.  Pitcher is still recently opened and should get redder as it ages.
Nthread2.jpg

N.. well I know what it is but anyone care to guess??  It is still a seedling with 2" pitchers. One clue.. it's a primary hybrid (cross of 2 species).
Nthread4.jpg

Tony

Wow, those are all very nice! (Will someone please delete my lame picture post?
smile_n_32.gif
) Good job Tony! Keep up the GREAT work!!
Andrew

So when am I coming to see you Tony? These are the sort of picture thingys I like! I can only imagine the full blast reality! Let me check my schedule: hey, it's totally open, imagine that! Very nice plants indeed!

N. rajah picture thingy is nice.
smile.gif
Mine will be opening soon....

I'd guess on the hybrid but I don't think I'm a fair contestant. lol But I shall guess anyways! N. diatas x N. carunculata? I don't know! was going to say it has jaquaelineae parentage in it......

Any time you like Tamlin.. just give me a few days notice to clean up lol

Tony

Wow!

That N. rajah is really nice, showing mature characteristics now, something I've not seen on mine - perhaps because I don't keep them long enough.

The hybrid, let's see now... ummm... ummm... from the shape of the peristome I reckon it comes from oh, somewhere between 1,700m and 1,800m altitude?
smile_n_32.gif

Love the Rajah and Veitchii, Tony.

Awesome stuff Tony.

Any chance of a wider shot of the "N. mikei forest" so we can get some perspetive of how it is growing? It just looks like a wall of plant. A very nice wall though!

Aaron.

Geezzz. No fair...you have a greenhouse!

Awsome plants and photos...I love the "forest". Gotta love that rajah. That ovata is nice too. Heck...they're all nice!

I will go with a young N. x Trusmundiensis, though I was thinking along the same lines initially as Dustin.

Joe

Well, I know nothing of highlands but, I ran through some pics real quick and I'll guess N. glabrata X izumiae

Whatever it is, they're all very nice plants. I am especially fond of veitchii and when I do get into highlands it will be a first choice.

Joe

Hi Tony,

very nice plants!

But where in #### did you get this extra small rubber made hand which looks so natural?
smile.gif

Cheers Joachim

Awesome plants! Howd you do that with the 12" rajah!!
smile_h_32.gif

the "mystery plant"... Oh I know it's goofy but for some reason I'm gonna say N. izumiae x jacquelineae?

Very funny Joachim!  Small rubber hand
smile_m_32.gif

Here you go Aaron:
N. mikei and it's neighbors (big picture otherwise you can't see any details)
Nthread10.jpg

Here you go Josh:
N. rajah plant  Red mark on the tape is the 12" mark
Nthread9.jpg

Tony

HEY, I got 1 parent right. I'm surprised I managed 1 name right.

Joe

Now look, he has had a small scale tape measure made.
smile_n_32.gif

I like the color of the N. mikei. My space is very limited, (plus the wife hates CP. Says there ugly.) So I can only have a few of each, so I get ones with different shapes and colors. How much light does it take to keep that color?

The rajah, that's mouthwatering!  Maybe I need a bigger pot...? How big of a pot is that guy in? I can't tell in the pic if it's any bigger than the plant or not. My leaves have got red stripes so it shouldn't be a lack of light, maybe lack of pitchers resting on the ground...

First time I ever got one!
I did at first have another idea of N. macfarlanei x sanguinea red but the sideways attachment of the tendril and the pointy leaf in the picture made me think again. Plus, you and Rob confirmed it by joking around!
laugh.gif

That should be a neat hybrid as it ages, maybe like a black N mirabilis var. echinostoma or echinostoma x ramispina!

Question for both Tony and Rob, how many did you end up with from the N. jacquelineae seedlings that turned out to be this new hybrid? At first I recall someone said the number might have been as high as 30%. Does this still hold true?

And of course, what about the other location/form of N. jacquelineae? I haven't forgotten! How are things progressing with the new batch of seedlings/clones?

Back