What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ooooppssss

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
OK, tonight I found a bunch of these tiny ants and I thought "hey these are small enough to fit in my pitchers". So I got some of them and went to put them in my chamber and spilled about 50-100 of them, mind you they are about the size of a gnat or fruit fly.

ARE THEY GOING TO DO ANY DAMAGE TO MY PLANTS ??
DO I NEED TO GET THEM OUT OF THERE ??

I was scared so I put a couple peices of grape in there for them to eat cause I know crickets will eat your plants if they get hungry or thirsty.

BTW There are not nearly enough pitchers to eat them all.

Another question: I got some new plants yesterday and a couple of them have leaves that are kinda dull and look unhappy, as opposed to the brilliant reflective green of nice leaves. They are from MT, Would it be stress from shipping so far or are they telling me something? The other 2 do look brilliant.

HELP
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Joe

I don't think the ants will be a problem for the plants.

Can't really say on the plants. Some Nepenthes have much more shine (wax) on the leaf surface than others. I would just keep a close eye on them just in case.
Tony

Back