What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey, it's picture time. No, they can't compete with some of the crazy pics of late.

Anyway, first up is the latest pitcher from my N. hirsuta x veitchii. It opened while I was in Japan/Korea, and it's an honest 8 inch pitcher. I expect it to color up a bit more. This one is the second pitcher from a basal rosette on a long vine that doesn't seem to want to pitcher at all. This one has a little veitchii flare on the peristome, and hopefully the next will have even more. By the way, most of the leaves you see are from the N. ventricosa it lives with. The proper leaf is the browner one right behind the pitcher.

N_hirsuta_x_veitchi5.sized.jpg

Next up, a couple pitchers from the aforementioned N. ventricosa:
N_ventricosa_5.sized.jpg

And my N. aristolochioides is pitchering like crazy now. Here's the latest to open:
N_aristolochioides3.sized.jpg

And here's a tiny pitcher on my N. lowii. It's the biggest yet, but the plant is very small, young, and SLOW growing:
N_lowii2.sized.jpg

And finally, I shouldn't be showing this yet, but I'm too excited not to. My N. hamata from Tamlin is finally pitchering. It's not even close to opening yet, but I almost fainted when I got home from Korea to find this:
N_hamata.sized.jpg

That's it for now!

Capslock

Great stuff Caps. They are all very healthy looking plants and pitchers.

That N. aristolochioides sure is a tubby little thing. Might be the camera angle but I've not seen one that fat before.

And your N. hamata....what a monster. That'd scare the living daylights out of any potential meal!

Aaron.

nice as alwas i like your growing style how are u cooling down the temps at night? your plants look awesome

Nice pictures and plants! No matter how impressive my growlist is/will be, I still can't show it off to this degree of perfection! Look down to my June Gallery... If you dare!
confused.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks for posting those. I'm surprised at how much your N. lowii resembles my N. lowii x ventricosa. Maybe the lowii is very dominant in my particular clone, or I'm just not very observant. =)

Pat

Nice plants! I especialy like the hursutaxveitchii:)

Back