What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Id this nep. from pet

This Nepenthes came from Petflytrap
As I'm not sure about it's ID
anyone can help?

unk.jpg

another photo

unk1.jpg

Thanks
Arie

Looks like a young N. sanguinea.

I agree with trashcan. N. sanguinea.

Capslock

Looks very much like my N. sanguinea "orange form" (is that  a real name?) mine originated from Borneo Exotics and looked almost exactly like that when it was small. It's turning out to be one of my fastest growers, reaching about 75 cm high  with 20 cm pitchers since I got it last August! It was a  6-8 inch diameter plant when it came but dxmn I didn't expect it to be such a fast grower!
biggrin.gif

Edit:
My baby about 2 months ago with her first 20 cm pitcher!

sanguineaorange2.jpg

I'll add that the all "red form" (also from Borneo Exotics) is a good, fast grower too but not as fast as the orange and for me the pitchers aren't as large (only 15 cm for me so far). The red form might actually be from a higher elevation and pitcher bigger in cooler temps....

It's a Sanguinea.

I also got mine from PFT.

Thanks guys as I thought too
So now I can be sure
Arie

Hi all:

it may as well be N. sanguinea, but if you look at this picture, well a bicalcarata hybrid may be too.

I guess i may be seeing to many neps that i am getting confused:O

thumb_bicxnorxveit.jpg

Considering the price, perhaps sanguinea would be the first choice, but my point is that with so many hybrids around, it is getting more difficult to guess what is what nowadays!

Gus

Back