What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. lowii germinated 4 real!

YAY!!!
i looked at my N. Lowii portion of the seed tray and i saw a germinating seed!!!
It has a seed stuck to the ends, and its not a hitch hiking grass that comes with the LFS
ill post a pic in like 5-10 mins, if i can find my camera
biggrin.gif

horray!!!
number of neps seeds germinated: 3
LOL
Hellz

Hi Hellz,

Wow, Can't wait to see your photos. How long did it take to germinate the N.lowii? I'm still waiting on the N.bicalcarata seeds to germinate and I've had them under a propagation lamp in a warm terrarium. Do you germinate them under propagation lamps or outside? Got any tips for germinating lowland nep seeds?

Christian

Hmmm... lets c...
as far as time for germination my 1 N. Lowii seed out of many, it took 2 months( They were o so long...)
as for the conditions of mine, i keep all my seed under 2 60 watt compact Flourescents in a seed tray sitting in an inch of water. i let the water dry out for 3 days before re watering on the fourth.
the humidity is high, above 80%
as for the temp, its stays a constant 85+F because i keep the lights on 24/7 (idk how much $ on the utility, but my parents are starting to complain -_-)
My N. Mirabilis Seed germinated in a month in these conditions.
I still can't find my good camera that uses a niuce macro lens
i hope to post a pic of it soon
Hellz

Back