What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some advice?

This is a picture of my N. ampullaria, which I think is getting quite sunburnt... do you guys grow your ampullarias in more shaded conditions?
Burnt Ampullaria

Next is an N. sanguinea I received from MT about a year ago... it seems to be stuck in a permanently juvenile state and refuses to redden. Any thoughts? I'm growing it in lowland conditions with high humidity, lots of sun and high temperatures.
N. sanguinea

[b said:
Quote[/b] (colinliew @ June 20 2004,5:36)]Next is an N. sanguinea I received from MT about a year ago... it seems to be stuck in a permanently juvenile state and refuses to redden. Any thoughts? I'm growing it in lowland conditions with high humidity, lots of sun and high temperatures.
N. sanguinea
Hi
I grow two forms of N. sanguinea in my highland house. Both grow in full sun. The dark Red form colours up nicely. But I find my orange/red form prefers a bit of shade to develop its full colour. The pitchers that get the full sun stay yellow like your photo. The ones that get shading from other leaves go more orange with red markings and stay that way. Nice plants..

cheers

bill

Back