What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Success!

schloaty

Staff member
Hey Everyone,
I managed to get a N. lowii seed to germinate (so far just one). I really hope it lives....This is a first for me, after several failed nep seed attempts. Right now there is just a 1/8" or 1/4" little green shoot coming out of the seed coat. Well, the seed coat has fallen away alread, and it's just a little green...er...stick? Is it bad that the seed coat fell away so soon? I hope not....

good job!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

nice, ive had 3 Lowii seed germinate, and i think more are on the way
what conditions do u have yours growing in ?
also, what media is yours in?
Best Wishes,
Hellz

hey Dave, congrats, I'm still waiting on mine....I can see the seed but no signs of life yet. About how long did it take for yours to germinate? 2 months? 4 months?

Hi Nep G.

Well, I sowed these on June 6th I beleive (maybe the 5th?), so it hasn't even been a month. Anyway, it was exactly one week after I sowed the bical seeds from Pyro, so maybe he'll remember when he sent those to me. There is only one that's germinated so far, and I really didn't expect it so soon. I really hope to get some more to germinate....

Oh, and even though it "fell" out of it's seed coat, it's still green as of this morning. I guess that's a good sign!
smile.gif

News:
Apparantly the falling out of the seed coat was not a bad thing. I now have a verifiable sprout! There are two ittsy bitsy seed-leaves! It's so cute....

Back