What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid-late june pics.

Hey, here are some pics.

First, my N. alata Luzon. The right pitcher just opened, and the other is older, with the throat colored up red.
N_alata_luzon_red_speckled4.sized.jpg

Next, my hamata pitchered finally! Woohoo! OK, it's just a little guy. But there's another about to open, and the new leaf is going to be the biggest by far. I think it's settling in.
N_hamata2.sized.jpg

Finaly, another alata. This one is the oddly bulbuous N. alata "boschiana mimic." This is a fun nep.
N_alata_boschiana_mimic3.sized.jpg

Capslock

Hi capslock,

impressive photos. especially the alata and hamata. Do you grow all your neps in pure sphagnum or only for particular species?
smile_m_32.gif

Christian

great pics! I love coloring of the alata luzon! My alata luzon doesn't have the blood red peristome- it has a striped one.
smile.gif
Do you have it under bright lights to get that?

Nice pics\plants! I especialy like the N.alata Luzon But the hamat is cool!

Nice! Do you grow your hamata out of a terrarium? Where did you get the alata "boschiana mimic?" I would love to get my grubby hands on one!

The alata luzon is stunning! Gotta go see that sometime!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Looks like your hamata is settling in. Hope it does well! how are the maxima cuttings? The effulugent koto is a weed! Just put out ANOTHER pitcher... 3.5 inches! The lid is BLOOD red! Thanks max!
biggrin.gif

Thanks all!

Christian,
In general, I use a mix of lfs, orchid bark or coir chips, pumice, and charcoal. I use a variation of that on everything.

Elarwis,
It lives pretty close to an Envirolite compact fluorescent bulb, but it had the red peristomes when I kept it under regular fluorescent tubes, too. I think it's just a very red clone.

IceDragon,
Yes, the hamata is on a wire rack, currently in my living room. I let the house get down to about 60 every night, and it's near the floor. It actually seems to be pretty hardy. Here in San Francisco, I have humidity most days from 50-80%, and it cools down every night year round. I have a N. aristolochioides happily pitchering a way right next to it.

Capslock

Hey Spec,
One of the maxima cuttings dried up and died, but the other is looking pretty good. I expect a pitcher on the current leaf.

Oh, and Ice Dragon, I got if from a guy in hawaii who sells on ebay from time to time.

Capslock

Hi Capslock
Great photos of some very healthy looking plants,love the mimic.

Bye for now julian

awesome plants. i really need to figure out how to give Neps a nice drop at night in my summers. just how much of a drop in temps do some of the highlands like hamata and lowii and such need? is 60 low enough?

Rattler

Yea I think 60*F would be low enough.:)

Back