What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 in one!

Yesterday my mom bought me another N. ventrata
biggrin.gif
and I was totally excited because it appeared to have 4 of them in one pot. But I went to repot them and its actually just one plant with 4 vines coming out. It looks really nice and bushy, but I was wondering if it'll be too crowded for them? Or if they'll be fine once they grow out a little bit?

Heres a picture....

4nep.jpg

In the picture you can only see 3 of them, the fourth one is hiding underneath all the rest.

you think thats bad give my gracilis some time......i think i counted 9 new growth points and its only about 7 inches tall.

Rattler

hm, that doesn't look like a ventrata to me... More like a ventricosa.

Instead of having a single vine reaching for the stars, you'll have a bushier plant. I think it looks like a Ventrata.

I'm pretty sure its a ventrata. I got the same looking one from the same place a couple weeks ago. It was also bigger than this one though. But I posted a pic in here for an ID and everyone said it was ventrata.

It is hard to tell with this picture, but I'm sure about it
smile_m_32.gif

herenorthere, yeah, I'm kinda happy to have a bushier looking one. I think that it looks cool. Plus, when they get bigger, I'll have tons of pitchers
biggrin.gif

I want your plant! Nice looking N. ventr(your choice here)!
In the picture, I can't tell if the shiny things are pieces of glass or arrows.....
Where'd you get it?

Thanks,
Craig

Any way to encourage this to happen?

IceDragon is right. Bloom Rite puts out Ventricosa as well ventrata and from this photo your plant very much looks like a Ventricosa.

E/c

Those are arrows, not glass hehe.

I got it at the grocery store (Star market) in the garden center area. I think its only a local store though. I was very surprised to see them there myself.

Heres a link to a closer up view of the pitchers to see if its a ventr. Sorry its so big, but I really didn't feel like resizing it

Picture Link

Really? even with the little wings/spikey things (lol I get so technical sometimes)?

The 'wings' will go away as it ages. I just remembered when I brought my plant from bloom rite mine had 3 plants in the pot! They were all seperate though, one big one, a medium one and a tiny seedling about the size of a nickel.
smile.gif

Then how come on my ventricosa there isn't any wings, even on the new pitchers?

I"m so confused lol

Wow, the lid looks kind of ....funny. I see why they are saying a ventricosa, and it may be, but I would not really want to pinpoint it until it gets bigger. If it's ventricosa, it's definitely young as the wings are quite prominent.
Regardless, it's a very healthy tc plant. If the price was good, I would have not thought twice about buying one. I would feel quite happy if I were you.

Cheers,

Joe

aww man, I want it to be a ventrata! lol

But yeah, even if I knew they were a Ventricosa I still would have bought them. So I guess its no real loss or anything. But it would be nice to have a different type, seems how if you guys are right, I'll have 3 ventricosas and no other types.

Ah well, live and learn
biggrin.gif

$4.99 is a real good deal you got though.

Back