What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My n. villosa is starting to change!

Hi
Here is a photo of my N. villosa taken this spring:

N.%20villosa.jpg

Now I see its current pitcher looks like this! Already more mature looking
smile_m_32.gif

N.%20villosa2.jpg

And the next batch of leaves look like they are bigger yet!! It could be a good summer...
smile_n_32.gif

cheers

bill

WOW! N. villosa is one of my favorite highlanders, and your is an excellent specimen!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_lover @ July 02 2004,5:22)]Where did you get it? I'd love a villosa!

Thanks,
Craig
I got this one from Wistuba. It was about a quarter of an inch across when I got it in 1998. Its been a slow but steady grower.

cheers

bill

Wow! Wonderful bill! Mines not too far behind yours...next pitcher or 2 may be doozies!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ July 02 2004,6:12)]Wow! Wonderful bill! Mines not too far behind yours...next pitcher or 2 may be doozies!
smile.gif
Its great seeing the change in Neps as they go from juvenile to more mature growth isn't it Dustin
smile.gif

cheers

bill

Yes, like my newest N. rajah pitcher...it wowed me. Or lower to an uppe can be quite amazing in some species, hamata and lowii most notibly.

Those pics are awesome! What conditions?

Hi Bill
Yes shes looking pretty.

Bye julian

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pressure @ July 02 2004,7:49)]Those pics are awesome! What conditions?
I grow mine on the floor of my cool highland Neps house. It gets more shade there which it likes along with my rajah and other ultrahighlanders.

cheers

bill

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fly-catchers @ July 03 2004,11:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pressure @ July 02 2004,7:49)]Those pics are awesome! What conditions?
I grow mine on the floor of my cool highland Neps house. It gets more shade there which it likes along with my rajah and other ultrahighlanders.

cheers

bill
Cool! I can't wait until I'm older whenever I can actually afford to keep ultrahighland neps happy. That will be the day.

That day will be coming sometime.
smile.gif
And a joyous day it will be.

I keep Npenthes maxima and Nepenthes ventricosa x alata on my windowsill and desk, they are doing fine. I dont see why people should have problems growing ANY highland neps on a windowsill.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ July 04 2004,4:13)]I keep Npenthes maxima and Nepenthes ventricosa x alata on my windowsill and desk, they are doing fine. I dont see why people should have problems growing ANY highland neps on a windowsill.
how long have you been growing them?

Nice specimen.
Wait until your plant sarts to develop a climbing stem. N. villosa do an amazing thing in the wild when they start to climb. If the plant has grown at the base of a tree instead of amongst low shrubs (through which it will scramble), it will press its self against the trunk, wrap its petioles around and then link the tendrils on the opposite side so as to be literaly hugging the tree in order to climb. The visual effect of this is some what astounding when first seen.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glamredhel @ July 04 2004,7:42)]Nice specimen.
Wait until your plant sarts to develop a climbing stem. N. villosa do an amazing thing in the wild when they start to climb. If the plant has grown at the base of a tree instead of amongst low shrubs (through which it will scramble), it will press its self against the trunk, wrap its petioles around and then link the tendrils on the opposite side so as to be literaly hugging the tree in order to climb. The visual effect of this is some what astounding when first seen.
Hi,

welcome to the forum!

The plant you're speaking of is N. veitchii, not N. villosa.

Cheers Joachim

P.S.: Very nice plants as always Bill (also the ones shown on CPUK)!

Thanks for the welcome note,

I realised the mistake I had made after I had logged off lastnight. I have been trying to contact the man who has the photos in which I saw N. veitchii performing this amazing feat in the hope that he will let me post them for all of u to see. I'll let u know if I am successful.

goodness man, nice villosa.

i have been in search of a villosa for quite some time along with many other rather rare nepenthes for some time.  your villosa is seriously amazing and i would pay any amount of patience to achieve that kind of beauty.

nice job spoiling your nepenthes, it looks great.

Bill.you`r villosa is looking wonderful!

Back