What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. truncata

My truncata grew verrrrrrry slowly when I first got it...it stayed small for a long time with 2" pitchers. Then all of sudden it started growing much faster. I wouldn't say FAST exactly but definitely a faster rate. It started throwing large pitchers pretty quickly...it went from pitchers of a few inches to a 7". It has a 9" pitcher now. But it is getting cramped...a situation I must solve soon.

whats the diameter of your truncata with 9" pitchers, suzanne?

Cindy: Oh, I notice pitchers popping up everywhere...
smile.gif
But I guess you mean the photo. This is a N. ventricosa x northiana, a pretty hybrid so far, you can see a complete pitcher if you click my www-button below. I'll try to keep it in the picture. This kind of lowland-Truncata wouldn't turn that dark (I know there is a very dark Highland form).
Trent: I am surprised that you say that TC-plants are faster, I keep on reading it the other direction a lot. But I can not really judge since I am traveling too much to establish long term relationships with my Neps.
smile.gif
I guess these Malesiana plants are also TC'ed.
Photoperiod is also around 13:11.

Back