What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International pollen agency for nepenthes

I think Troy Davis (username fatboy) would be the most knowledgeable and experienced on this point.

HELP HELP!
I need help!
I have posted all messages around the world and of course I am subscribed in the International Pollen Agency.
My Nepenthes x ventrata is flowering and it is a female!
I need urgently a good and disponible person that could send me some pollen of a male nepenthes?
Of course write me down which male plant it is.
If there is one please send it with priority mail to :

Pagano Salvatore
Via Mar Nero 23
20152 Milano
Italy

Thanks very much in advance!

MrAga73, I think there was mention of x ventrata being a sterile female.

Cheers

AWWWWWW so no seeds!

shokuchuu,
I must be sure of this...if really this hybrid Nepenthes is sterile...
could you send me an article/ past post where they speak about this?
Thanks!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Sure, here's the link to the thread, where Trent mentions this. Unless the European/Dutch nurseries (such as Deroose) have remade the cross or your x ventrata is a seed-grown F1, I'd go along the lines of it being sterile. It never hurts to try though.

Cheers
Amori

Uh! What a very very veryyyyyyy bad news! poop...so because of the ormones they are using to let grow ventrata it becomes strerile? Sniff...
smile_h_32.gif

Poor guy I am............

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

I wouldn't necessarily say you don't have a chance to produce viable seed. We never know what the mass producers are up to with their crosses, although it's most likely they reuse the same stock over and over (and over) again.

Cheers
Amori

OK,......
then it will mean that I will not live for this....if I will be lucky ok...if not....no problem. I will inform you all as soon the pollen will arrive me.
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Look here :

VENTRATA SEEDS
At this link they sell seeds of Ventrata x [ sanguinea ]...and other hybrids....so maybe my ventrata will be not sterile...
I am really curious!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Hello shokuchuu,
I dont' know much for the moment...but I can tell you Nepenthes ventrata FEMALE sold in the world market is still able to give fertile seeds.
I have my first ssedling of Nepenthes...it is not much but better of nothing...at least I can tell that ventrata FEMALE is not sterile.
Updates will follow.

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

seed_ventrata_first_2leafes.jpg

Female N.Mirabilis Green needs POLLEN

Hi all ...
There are still have pollen? All types of Neps.
I have a female flower N. Mirabilis Green ..
if there is interest to match, the result will be shared in the thread "SEEDS Give away" ..
n3ezK.jpg

ylDup.jpg

The other pitchers
13IIT.jpg

Thanks.

There are still have pollen? All types of Neps.
I have a female flower N. Mirabilis Green ..
if there is interest to match, the result will be shared in the thread "SEEDS Give away" ..

Looks like a pretty dead project page.

Perhaps due to legal issues sending flower stems.

Last edited:
Female N. ventricosa red and N. petiolata in flower. Both should open within 2-4 weeks. PM me if you have any spare pollen.
In the UK though so if there are issues sending flower stems please just send dried pollen.

Back