What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etched nepenthes wine glasses

Hello folks,
I thought I'd share this set of fancy glasses I've done as I teach myself glass etching using ammonium biosulfides instead of sand blasting.

glasses1.jpg

Lets see if you can name the plant each of the glasses are supposed to represent (no fair checking the file names)?

glass 1
raffglass.jpg

glass 2
jacqglass.jpg

glass 3
aristoglass.jpg

glass 4
villosaglass.jpg

I hope you like them!
smile.gif

i cant really spell these, but here goes!

number one has me stumped
number two is a jaquelinae?
number 3 is a aristoicloides
number 4 is a villosa of course!!

told you i couldn't spell! those glasses are AMAZING! when i'm old enough to drink wine, i'm buying some from you!

I guess I need a better photo for that first one... but it is an upper of the species.

The first one is N. rafflesiana.

Those are really neat, swords!
smile.gif

Here's one more project...

lamp.jpg

lamplit.jpg

smile.gif

You're one creative son-of-a-gun. Them are pretty sharp, I'd drink out of 'em.

Joe

Very nice Josh, and good photography too.

Aaron.

is the first nepenthes maxima?

you are one creative guy with nepenthes

Hey Josh, your work is SWEET! I think a set of shotglasses would be cool too, or how 'bout decorating a small terrarium bowl?

Very nice.

Great work Josh.
How did you set up the lighting and backround for the pics?
That is professional quality photography.

That first one looks like a upper N. sumatrana to me, but I know the raff looks like that too.
really good stuff, Josh.

Joe

Love it! Those are great! When can I buy a set?

Very nice!

Yeah, I'd love some to! Did you buy them or make them? I couldn't tell. How were they made? They're beautiful!

Thanks,
Craig

Thanks folks! I don't drink wine (or alcohol) either, I do like the shape of wine glasses though.

The blue effect of the glass photos is done by taking a picture with regular light and then "inverting" the colors in a graphics program so all red/yellow hued colors are blue.

I purchased the glass items premade and used acid to frost the pitcher designs in the glass.

Wow...... I wish I could do something like that! Again, absolutely amazing! And what is the final glass?

Thanks,
Craig

Hey swords you wouldn't happen to have any stencils you could send me of those guys and any others you have? I would like to use them for my stain glass works.
smile_m_32.gif

Back