What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monster n. sanguinea pitcher

I moved my windowsill Nepenthes outside into full sun a while back, and i found the first obvious sign that it was a good move today while moving the (crowded plants) around a bit.  In spite of the dry days of scorching sun, all three plants are looking better.  The N. sanguinea, in particular, seems happy: two new basal shoots (the first i had on a nep... in the last two months, fully half of my nepenthes have put them out, though!), and... a monster pitcher!

Well, okay, not so huge (6-1/2"), but it seems big to me.
20040706-CP-N.sanguinea-sunlight,%20it%20does%20the%20highland%20good-monster%20pitcher.jpg

20040706-CP-N.sanguinea-sunlight,%20it%20does%20the%20highland%20good-6.5inch%20monster%20pitcher.jpg

Note that these are all highland/intermediate plants.  I really don't think lowland neps would take these conditions very well.

Great looking plant!
smile.gif
That's about how big my sanguinea 'orange' pitchers are.
smile.gif

Very nice D.

My 2x N. sanguinea are smaller than your plant. When I got them a few months back the first pitchers produced were about 5cm (2"). Each new pitcher is getting progressively bigger with the latest being about 15cm (6"). Can't wait to see if the increase continues and at what size they will max out.

Aaron.

Nice -Sanguinea this species is a fun window sill plant.

Electric carnivores!

Cool! Was yours orange before you put it in brighter sun? I'd love to have a red sanguinea like that! My "red" N. sanguinea is more like dark maroon/brown and still looks like a funny N. ramispina to me.

Nice Piccys
Your plant looks very well,those pitchers should get alot bigger with time.

Bye for now julian

Heck, that thing is almost 6 inches, and it's not even OPEN! Nice. Very nice.

Wow thats realy nice! I love the size and wonderfull red colors. Do you have any pics of it now?

Back