What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neps for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im looking for some neps, prise ranges from $10-$30

thanks, Clint

Hi there i alwas reccomend Tony from Exoticplantsplus.com he has beautiful nepenthes a nice list of highlanders. If your looking for some really hardy plants then he's the man.

Careful about posting names of other companies.

Total or for each plant?

Joe

Arrow up all the way to the top and click on the www.petflytrap.com link. If you have no Neps and are starting out, you can find some great beginner plants, including some large hybrids in hanging baskets(if you have the room).

Cheers,

Joe

thanks joe i might buy that. i checked it out and it was pretty cool

thanks Clint

First of all your not really suppose to ask for places to buy plants or ask someone on the board if they can sell plants too you. Also I feel I must point this out but prise is spelled price... unless you mean prize which I'm pretty sure is not the case...

IceDragon i dont see the harm in asking where one can find a reasonable place to buy plants from.

E/C

Hey, it's not my rules...The reason your not suppose to ask is because pft doesn't want to lose business.

Support PFT.
I've gotten nice plants from here.

I belive it is fine to post Tony's website address if you ask me since he is one of the moderators and a good friend of Phillips. If it was someone like California Carnivores, well, just no. Too many reasons.

The proper way to handle this situation, is to email or pm the person asking a question like this , and give him your suggestions on places to buy. Superimposed did the right thing in warning about that procedure, because if you let some slide, then you are opening the gate for more occurances.

Cheers,

Joe

P.S. Ice Dragon: in your quote from above, "The reason your not suppose to ask is" , your as in "you are" should be spelled "you're" and suppose should have been "supposed."

Sorry, I could not resist
smile_n_32.gif
My posts are full of tons of errors, lol.

Yeah, I know I posted it late at night but it's less noticeable then "prise".... BTW I am not tring to be mean, just wanted to point it out since he misspelled it in a few topics he started.

I feel that opinion is descriminatory for numerous reasons. I mean, how can you say it's okay to post one store and not another. Granted, CC and Tony's site when it comes to popularity and advirtisement is a big difference, but nonetheless just because a moderator owns it makes it okay? Seriously, I find that a little hard to take into consideration.

Upon realizing what store Tony owns and the fact that I am about to buy a Hamata, Rajah, Macrophylla, Truncata 'Pasian' Highland and more...I think this store deserves recognition but I mean, PetFlyTrap does own and run this forum and Phil Crane is like another business owner out there. No one appreciates someone suggesting another store instead of their own on their own forum. That's just messed up.

The way things have worked in the past is someone asking where to buy xplant etc is fine. While someone posting they have xplant for sale is not.

If someone askes where to get a plant they want it is ok to post replys although as Griffin mentions.. better to just pm the person since often product lines overlap between commercial nurseries. We do try to steer folks to Petflytrap whenever possible and help out Phil for putting alot of time and money into these forums so we may all benefit.
Tony

I agree with Tony. PFT sells great plants at great prices, and given that this is their forum (thanks Phil!) we should always encourage buying from them when possible.

However, they also have a limited inventory, and when I don't see what I'm after on PFT, I generally go straight to Tony, whose neps are the best, by far. For those occasions where PFT doesn't carry the plant in question, I think it's perfectly OK to recommend other vendors where they are available.

Capslock

california carnivores is just a ripoff in every way i can think of.

In case you don't know Teejay, numero uno, Tony has asked permission to advertise when appropriate. Not blatant like you have been lately. Number 2, don't come shoving into the forum advertizing like you have without consent of the board owner first of all. Phil has though about letting advertisement here but I have not heard of any other word on this yet.

california carnivores isn't too bad.... at least he has quality plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back