What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's happening before our eyes

Dear all:

I was minding my business today, when i received an e-mail from my friend and Nepenthes grower colleague Geoff Mansell (http://www.exoticaplants.com.au
He was sharing some Nepenthes photos and all i had to say is that my mouth and my eyes got wide open, when i saw these new hybrids he is making.

I could not believe my eyes at the beauty of N. X predator = Hamata X truncata  and the spectabilis x aristolochioides. He had others too, but i hope he does not mind me publishing this here.
WE HAVE TO BE BLIND NOT TO SEE SUCH BEAUTY, AND BY THE WAY, THEY EXPORT WORLDWIDE..

pred1.jpg

specxaristojpg.jpg
smile_k_ani_32.gif

cool
biggrin.gif

i especially like the spec x aristo
Hellz

I remember you mentioning these a few months back! I was anxiously waiting the whole time... Finally!
smile.gif
Speechless... I'd very much like to see the others...
smile.gif
smile_m_32.gif

They're gorgeous! The second especially!

the first one reminds me of a hairy catapiller. Cool

I like spectabilis x aristolochioides plant best, but both are very pretty.

Nice Gus.

I was not aware of the N. spectabilis x aristolochioides, but my N. 'Predator' is on it's way next week I hope.  Can't wait to see it when mature
smile_n_32.gif

Aaron.

OOO I had to email Geoff about the N. spectabilis x aristolochioides but was not aware of it either so it's probably not available.

N. Predator is in the US but not available yet
smile_n_32.gif
Really excited to see how these guys develop as they mature!
Tony

Dammit Tony! Put me on the list!

Capslock

Hi all:

Yes they are for sale now and i can't wait to get my hands on some of these too.

Gus

Holy maceral! Those are both awesome! I'm a little surprised the petrisome of the x'Predetor' kept so much of the hamata's teeth. I bet this is going to turn into a large-pitcher producing plant.

The spec x aris. is already incredible looking
smile_k_ani_32.gif

That N.spectabilis x aristolochioides is absolutley stunning!
When are predators going to be available in the us and how much would one set me back?
confused.gif

Back