What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x ventrata picture

Here you go elgecko.  I took these pics yesterday when I watered some of my Nepenthes.  Since I got the plant, 2 new leaves have developed, and they are larger in size than the existing leaves, so there's hope that the pitchers will be even larger.  

Oh, and the plant behind it is a N. gracilis var. nigrapurpurea.

-Homer

ventrata.jpg

ventratapitcher.jpg

Hi Homer
She looks well,whats the brown nep behind it,is it ment to be like that?

Bye for now julian

homer,
Looks very happy. Glad it's doing well for you.

julian, the brown nep is the N. gracilis var. nigrapurpura, and yes, its supposed to be a brownish/purple color.

-Homer

That gracilis is awesome! I am getting one!

Joe

Thanks Joe.  My gracilis originated from Lee's as it turns out after a little investigation.  I repotted it a few weeks ago and noticed a basal shoot that was growing under the soil surface.  I was thinking about making some cuttings, but I might just let the vine grow since it's pretty cool looking.

-Homer

Homer,

I figured it came from there. I knew it was on his list, so I ordered one right after I saw your pic, lol.

Joe

Are the ventratas supposed to have a flared peristome? The one I got from Steve L. has a new pitcher opening that has a peristome that is folding out and is 1/2 -3/4" wide.

Joe

Wow gotta love that N. gracilis var. nigrapurpura very nice homer-

Electric Carnivores!

Joe,

If the parent ventricosa is one with a nice flared persistome, ....then sure the resulting ventrata could have that trait.

Joe

Cool, My new pitcher is almost open and the peristome is farely wide, looks maybe close to an inch wide now.
smile.gif

Joe

Back