What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

July photos!

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
x Ile de France:
ise%20de%20france%201.jpg

zoom%20ise%20de%20france.jpg

Raf:

nice%20raf.jpg

Bical:
nice%20bical.jpg

Amp:
nice%20amp.jpg

Nice plants Schloaty.

You just gotta love an amp.
smile.gif

very nice plants. my amp is FINALLLLLLLLY making a pitcher so i can see if it is the speckled form. i swear its the slowest growing plant i have.

Rattler

Nice plants schloaty love the x Ile de France where did you find this species please let me know thanks.

Electric Carnivores!

Rattler,

What conditions do you have the Ampullaria in? They tend to be some of the fastest growing Nepenthes given the right conditions. I have a rooted cutting of my Adult Ampullaria 'Tayeve' that's putting out now officially, 2.5" pitchers. With each new pitcher, there is atleast a half an inch growth in accordance of the last pitcher. It's truly a wonderful, rewarding and easy species.

typical lowland conditions high humidity 80% plus and warm. my gracilis, rafflesiana, x wrigleyana and Ile de France are growing like weeds. my ventrata and Miranda are growing fast although their pitchers dont last long, prolly do to the fact they would like cooler nights.

Rattler

schloaty,

Nice plants schloaty

grows like weeds ~ wow!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Are all your plants growing in the same place?
confused.gif

If not how much direct sunlight do you give your bical?
confused.gif

If yes how much direct sunlight do all your neps get?
confused.gif

smile.gif

Suzanne, thanks.  That amp pitcher it my biggest yet, at 2.5 or 3" to the top of the lid (I gotta measure that bad boy).  
Rattler, I've had that amp for two years now.  It did NOTHING for the longest time after I got it.  Must have taken it at least 9 months to settle in...One of the reasons being I was a newbie, and gave it direct sun (not all day, but STILL), and kinda crisped it a little.  Anyway, I found that when it finally settled in, it started to grow at a decent rate.  Not a speed demon, but not bad.

E.C., Thanks!  Ile de France is actually a hybrid, not a species.  I got it from Snowy Falcon, and semi-ex board member (left for greener....er...different pastures...He'll be back, it's in his blood).  You can find them for sale, but you'll have to do a google search.

Rattler, that gracilis really does grow fast, eh?  I just gave mine a "hair cut."  The two bigger vines came right off....six cuttings later, there is only one, smaller vine left, with some basal sprouts.  Should be huge again in, what, five hours or so? LOL.

VTPTFATHAVFT,
With regards to sun, the amp currently gets about 2 hours of early morning sun, then indirect light (window) supplemented a hair by being 1' from two 4' fluor. tubes. Durring the winter, it get 6 4' tubes of fluor light at about 6 or 7". The bical is currently in the winter set up (yes, I know it's summer...just no room in the summer set up with that big 'ol amp in there, lol). As for the rest of my neps, they get varying amounts of sun, from 5 or 6 hours of direct sun all the way down to flourescent tubes only. I try to give my highlanders more sun, and the lowlanders less, but that's just a general rule. I ALWAYS research a species' light requirements before I place it somewhere.

Hi Schloaty
Nice to see some photos of your plants,they do look very good.any piccys of your growing area??

Bye for now Julian

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Nice to see some photos of your plants,they do look very good.any piccys of your growing area??

Thanks!. I guess I could take some area pics....but then you would all see the mess!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ July 16 2004,9:36)]VTPTFATHAVFT,
With regards to sun, the amp currently gets about 2 hours of early morning sun, then indirect light (window) supplemented a hair by being 1' from two 4' fluor. tubes.  Durring the winter, it get 6 4' tubes of fluor light at about 6 or 7".  The bical is currently in the winter set up (yes, I know it's summer...just no room in the summer set up with that big 'ol amp in there, lol).  As for the rest of my neps, they get varying amounts of sun, from 5 or 6 hours of direct sun all the way down to flourescent tubes only.  I try to give my highlanders more sun, and the lowlanders less, but that's just a general rule.  I ALWAYS research a species' light requirements before I place it somewhere.
Thanks a bunch
Where do you do your research?
confused.gif

Back