What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Dustin
Great photos mate.You are so lucky living near to tony but it must get tempting to buy all the time??

Bye for now Julian

Tempting? Uh YEAH! lol Look what I bought! hehe

PAK, yeah N. x Truesdelli!
smile_n_32.gif

William, gah!
biggrin.gif

Tony,
88 degrees at 80 percent rel. hum. is an average day for me!

You're killing me! I've always wanted a real New Guinea form of truebiana, but when Andreas took his pictures I don't think he collected any seed. It grows on escarpments hanging out over the ocean. I would expect it to be a hard core lowlander, but I know your conditions are more intermediate to highland. Even if it is a sumatrana-Wow!

Trent

Trent - One of these days I will grab Jebb and Cheek and go see if I can figure out which it is. For a while they were considered synonyms and I don't have any location info on where the seed came from.

It deffinately goes through a seasonal change in growth. I have it in a warm part of the greenhouse but even so during the Winter the leaves and pitchers are much smaller. Right now I don't have the space to keep it nice and warm all year but it seems to manage ok and come back bigger and strong during the warm months. N. sumatrana from Malesiana I keep out in the main greenhouse also and they go through the same growth phases.

Will try and go snap a few photos.
Tony

I would love to see shots of it.
Trent

Tony:

you have a wonderful selection of plants!. Next time i'll go to New York, i'll pay you a visit. How far are you from Buffalo?. What is your secret?

Dustin:

You have great taste for Nep species. I hope they all grow well for ya!

Gus

Buffalo is er 5hrs? something like that..

purple shrub..The red mark on the tape is 12". You can see the small leaf under it produced during the winter.
treb1.jpg

Pitcher
treb2.jpg

close up
treb3.jpg

Gus - There are no real secrets.. good water, light, moderate temperatures, good humidity, and proper feeding.

I snapped this picture this morning.  Just as the vents shut down as it is overcast here today.  You can see the 'fog' rising up around the plants from the underbench misting system.
fog.jpg

Tony

B_003.sized.jpg

That looks like some sort of cross bread version of N. sumatrana and cp. grower-alis. But it looks like it's in bad shape, maybe needs more light... Put em in direct sunlight for a few more hours each day and see if he doesn't perk up.

smile_l_32.gif

Dustin,

Let me know how the Truncata (Highland) works out. Got any pics of the Mikei? I plan on getting one off of Tony fairly soon.

Hi Teejay, I will have pics up of the plants I got in my order as soon as we get a nice sunny day for decent photo shooting!
smile.gif

Here we go!

1_G_009.sized.jpg

N. eymae

2_G_009.sized.jpg

N. ramispina

3_G_005.sized.jpg

N. spathulata

4_G_003.sized.jpg

N. copelandii

5_G_001.sized.jpg

N. petiolata

6_G_001.sized.jpg

N. mikei

7_G_001.sized.jpg

N. truncata HL

8_G_001.sized.jpg

N. ephippiata peristome macro

oh god, i want a highland truncata even more now. ugh.

the mikei doesn't seem to carry the purple leaf coloring in your plant, is this how all of tony's mikei's are?

His larger ones had very robust purplish coloration. Mine is still young being only around 7inches across. Tonys larger specimens were beginning to climb also.

Very nice plants, Dustin. Particular the Truncata HL.

wow.. the HL truncata is amazing.

it looks like stained glass.

I'll join the choir..
That is a very nice highland trucata..
smile.gif

Joe

It will be mine in four weeks. Mark my words....

Well, atleast one from Tony, not that exact one.
smile.gif

I should've gotten my N. Mikei today but...it's not here. The invoice came but...I don't know...I'm worried.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I should've gotten my N. Mikei today but...it's not here. The invoice came but...I don't know...I'm worried.

Hey! What's this mikei on my doorstep? Mysterious benefactor? COOL!

smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
laugh.gif

Back