What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. clipeata.

Well, I think I'm getting a clipeata. Theyre so cool, I cant pass up the opportunity
smile.gif

I checked around on it, and it seems rather easy in lowland conditions.
Any growers here that can share some pics and info on their Clipeatas?

Thanks! /Quensel

Hi Quensel,

I've got a N clipeata (clone U) in my lowland chamber which is still small but seems to be growing pretty well:
clipeata2.jpg

I recently lost 2 pitchers in a heatwave so I'm thinking that I might move it to the intermediate/lowland chamber when I repot it which might keep the pitchers sturdier longer. But that may just be that the plant is so small yet too (about 12 cm diameter).

Mine do best during the Spring/Summer when days are fairly warm and nights are cool but not overly cold. Otherwise they don't seem to be particularly fussy or anything.

Tony

Great plants.

They appear to a bit *s l o w* to come to life when they're just outta the flask, but once established they appear to require nothing more than very good light and intermediate conditions. Like most Neps I've grown, once the rosettes reach ca. 10 cm in diameter, they appear to grow quite rapidly. I've got mine up in the rafters and they seem to really prosper in the sun.

Since we're on this topic again, does anyone have any good pix of mature pitchers grown from Andreas Wistuba's stable? My twins are still are about 12 cm tall.

SJ

Back