What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess for fun

Ok here's a little something for you to ponder.  I will say it's a primary hybrid and it is still fairly immature with 2" pitchers.

nocheating.jpg

will give the answer on Monday midday sometime..

Tony

I'm not any good at this but I'll give it a shot. Rafflesiana x truncata?

Glabrata x Aristolochioides mebbe?
I have no idea, but it looks good
smile.gif

/Quensel

Aristo x maxima
It really annoys me we can't grow this kind of stuff down here.

Trent

That was going to be my guess, too, Trent. Then Quensel had me thinking about the glabrata, but the pitcher seems too big for an immature plant of that parentage.

I'm going with aristo x maxima, too. I love any hybrid with aristo in it. Someone should to an aristo x truncata!

Capslock

I'm not good at all at guessing hybrids, but the coloring reminds me of an aristo cross. It's a great looking plant, whatever it is.
biggrin.gif

I too am thinking aristo but I will say aristo X rafflesiana

confused.gif

Joe

Maxima x Aristolochioides or Aristolochioides x Maxima.

The ruffled leaves of the specimen is a dead giveaway.

It's sad that usually only the black peristome trait of N. Aristolochioides is carried on in a hybrid with any of Nepenthes.  I would much like to see some flamboyant coloring of N. Spectabilis with the hunchback pitcher of a N. Aristolochioides

I could be totally off, but the lid seems very N. ovata-ish.

aristo x maxima or aristo x truncata
smile.gif

aristolochioides x fusca (or the other way around)?

HI all:

That plant seems to have Geoff Mansell firgerprints all over it. I'd say it is a Lowii X aristolochioides or a ventricosa X aristolochioides. Second choice of course.

Gus

Well, I agree it has to be Exotica material, so I will go with...

N maxima (h) x aristolochioides

Joe

leafedwellsofwater, if you look closely, the ruffled leaves don't belong to the plant with the pitcher.

hi everyone,

i think it is maxima x aristolochioides.

Christian

Carcinos,

Excellent observation, but all I was looking for was ruffled leave as soon as I saw the Maxima and Fusca-esque coloring. Speaking of Ventricosa, that could a possibility, but seeing as it's a primary hybrid and not complex, I will have to stick my first choice.

I'll go with N. aristo x maxima!

So what is it? Don't leave me hangin'!
smile_m_32.gif

Back