What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your fav nep

Heres a fun topic  
smile.gif

What is your favorite nep you have?

-and-

What is your favorite nep out there? (whether you have it or not)

My fav nep I have is my Miranda--I only have two neps
smilie4.gif

My fav nep of them all is N. copelandii--theyre so nice, nice contrasting upper and lower pitchers

My favorite nep that i own is N. campanulata- because it has a rich history and it's the smallest known lowlander.

my favorite nep of all is... N. pervillei, because it's the only nep in the seychelles , it's extrememly rare in cultivation in america atleast, and because it's sort of the cephalotus of nepenthes- tempermental.

The current favorite of my seven is the N. fusca 'Sarawak'. The pitchers are attractive, but its best feature is the compact size relative to the size of pitchers. I've had it less than six months and the crown of the plant is less than 2" high, but every leaf is pitchering and the last one is close to 3" tall.

My favorite, of those I don't have, is N. inermis. Those upper pitchers are too cool.

My favorite nep that I have is N. hamata.

My second favorite that I do not have and most likely will never have because of the huge temp drop at night it needs is N. villosa.

I have loads of "favorite" Neps
smile.gif

But my N. burbidgeae remains one of my firm favorites.

N.%20burbidgeae1.jpg

Second firm favorite- N. villosa.

cheers

bill

My fave that I own: N. Rajah. Mine is still really tiny, but with time it'll become awesome! (if it dont die on me, that is)

Allover fave: close call between Hamata and Villosa... Awesome plants both of them

/Quensel

My favorite Nep will surely be my first hybrid that I've created, just because I did it. C'mon seeds!
(BTW the hybrid is N. aristolochioides x thorelii x Miranda)

My fave plant I bought is N. hamata because it's so dangerous looking, and rumored to be hard but it grows like a champ in the right conditons! After two years it's a total bush!

The plant I am dying to have is N. klossii from New Guinea (like a giant N. aristolochioides) someday I shall have that beauty! Anyone who has it, I will pay or trade anything*!

*Actual arms and legs not included in "anything" offer.  
smile_m_32.gif

hard for me to pick a favorite that i have.....it was Miranda but my speckled amp just produced and opened its first pitcher and i really like it.......oh and than there is my "highland" veitchii cutting that i just got that will have the beautifully striped peristrome.

one that i dont have yet...........not sure. i like hamata. bicals are really neat as is truncata.......oh and than you get into the different hybrids....its way to hard for me to pic a favorite. i really need to get a greenhouse built next summer. between CPs and orchids im running out of shelf space.

Rattler

My 1st favorite nep I own is N. campanulata (own)
My 2nd favorite nep I own is N. bicalcarata (own)

But when I get a N. rowanae that will be my fav...

but when I get a N. clipeata that will be my fav...

Favorite I own?  aristolochioides or campanulata.... can't decide.

Fav. overall?  changes with my mood....
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Aug. 09 2004,4:24)]Fav. overall? changes with my mood....
smile_m_32.gif
hey I'm with schloaty I don't have a static favorite, my avorite is dynamic....

I agree with you two. My favorite changes from day to day. Right now, it's my N. hirsuta x veitchii because it's putting out giant pitcher after giant pitcher. It's previously been N. maxima x ventricosa. Anything with aristolochioides is fantastic. And the ones that grow well are always on the list!

Capslock

My favorite nep I have would either be N.fusca sarawak or maybe N.rafflessiana. my favorite I don`t own would probably be
N.hamata.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swords @ Aug. 09 2004,5:59)]My favorite Nep will surely be my first hybrid that I've created, just because I did it. C'mon seeds!
(BTW the hybrid is N. aristolochioides x thorelii x Miranda)

My fave plant I bought is N. hamata because it's so dangerous looking, and rumored to be hard but it grows like a champ in the right conditons! After two years it's a total bush!

The plant I am dying to have is N. klossii from New Guinea (like a giant N. aristolochioides) someday I shall have that beauty! Anyone who has it, I will pay or trade anything*!

*Actual arms and legs not included in "anything" offer.  
smile_m_32.gif
If and when those seeds sprout post pictures and update them please! You take realy good pictures and that sounds like a pretty cool hybrid.

Hi
Well for some reason im drawn to my Merrilliana dont know why but i just love it.It has been eclipsed by the arrival of my Platychilla which is only small but has unfurled its firstleaf for me so its got the idea already
smile_n_32.gif

Bye for now  Julian

Merrilliana in a 7inch pot,still small but growing nicely.
mr.jpg

Nice choice Julian.  I just got a N. merilliana but its smaller than yours and pitcherless due to its time in quarantine.  I'd still put it up there though
smile_m_32.gif

Hmmmm... tough one?  Like many here I tend to change over time.

Right now I’d say my favourite is my N. albomarginata (all green form).  In 6 months its gone from a scruffy few leaves with no pitchers at all to a 3ft vine and a heap of pitchers on their way.  All this in intermediate conditions and short days (Winter here) so can't wait for the longer days to come back!

The first of its developing pitchers has just opened and I love how almost geometric it looks with the uniform colour, even fuzzy texture and very rigid white collar.

My post about its progress is HERE.

However, I have just sourced myself an all red form and what MAY be a speckled form so the green form may take second/third place some time in the next few days.

Keeping the Albo theme my favorite in terms of most WANT - Black form
smilie4.gif

Aaron.

hey chesara, Thats avery beautiful merriliana. Mine is about the same size as yours but in a smaller pot and no growin to fast (for a merrillilana anyways). what type of substrate is yours in, mine is in pure LFS. Yours iser beauiful!

My all time favorite is N. rajah

N. edwardsiana for one I don't own

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Is N.diatis meadow form something I could keep? I wanna buy one soon.
and Deans got a good(Imo) deal on potted specamins.

Back